Chapter 14

Rosemoon watched as Frozenstrike leaped out from behind the bush to the fresh-kill pile.

"Frozenstrike! Now is not the time to eat!" She hissed. Frozenstrike ignored her took a vole and a blackbird in her jaws and ran back to them. She dug a hole and placed them in it. Ohh... I see what she's doing... she's saving food for the Clan!  She glanced at the others with her and knew they understood the plan. When Frozenstrike went again, Rosemoon, Lionfang, and Pearlstrike ran with her. They took as much prey as they could carry and raced back. They took turns placing the prey in the hole. They finished putting in all the prey just in time. Frozenstrike signaled two warriors to guard the medicine cat den and was running back when two cats walked through the entrance. I can scent Amberstar and... BreezeClan? BREEZECLAN!? Oh no! She must have brought them too! 

Hi, Frozenpaw. Where's the rest of your Clan, huh?" Amberstar sneered.

 "They went to the Moonpool. Lilystar, and a few others...why? Also, I'm FrozenSTRIKE now." Frozenstrike cooly replied. 

"Whatever. That's okay. We'll take you down first." A voice threatened. Rosemoon thought hard and realized who it was: Graystar, the BreezeClan leader. Frozenstrike mumbled something she couldn't hear.

"What?" Amberstar growled. 

"She said," Lilystar stepped out of the shadows, "Your noses are so dumb. And they are. Get ready to go DOWN Amberstar."

"Wait! No! How..."

Lilystar yowled and the rest of the Clan leaped out and charged at the enemy Clans. Rosemoon and the two warriors who were with her joined them. This time, she knew exactly how to fight. She leaped at BreezeClan warrior and raked his muzzle. He growled and gave a blow but she dodged and clawed at his side. He yowled with pain and ran off. Rosemoon smirked and looked for another opponent. 

She heard pawsteps coming behind her and before she could turn around, the cat leaped onto her. The cat had a DarkClan scent. Wait... who is this cat? They're a lot smaller than me. She realized this cat was probably some new apprentice. She pushed the cat off and faced her. She was a light yellow tabby with a torn ear. Hmm... must have fought hard. Eh, I'll go easy on her. She shrugged and gave the apprentice a light blow. The cat dodged and tried leaping back onto her but Rosemoon bit her ripped ear and the apprentice shrieked. 

"SUNNYPAW!" Another brown tom came rushing over. He licked Sunnypaw's ear and made sure she was okay. Rosemoon guessed he was her littermate. 

"So am I gonna fight you or just go?" Rosemoon laughed. The tom didn't find it funny.

"I'm gonna KILL YOU for what you did to Sunnypaw!" He growled. Hmm... sensitive but loyal. Instead of leaping at her, he slid under her and raked her belly. She whirled around and pinned him. The cat hissed and struggled but couldn't get free of her grip. She nipped his front paw and let him go. He ran back to his camp with Sunnypaw racing after him. They got some good training. Rosemoon thought. Suddenly, a large cat knocked her over and pinned her. She struggled but she couldn't get free.

"You got me last time. This time, you're dead." The cat hissed into her ear. It's Gravelstorm... oh no... The tom stratched her flank, letting blood ooze out. He bit her paw as she went to give a blow. 

"AGH! Help!" Rosemoon yowled as loud as she could. No one came. No one reacted. Everyone went on in their own fights. Her heart was pounding. She was completely defenseless. She closed her eyes. I have given my best to help my Clan. I guess it's time to join my new Clan in the stars. Gravelstorm gave an evil laugh and reached for her throat. 

"Oh no you don't!" A voice announced and the weight of the ShadeClan warrior was gone. Rosemoon opened her eyes and found Silverpaw standing over Gravelstorm. She smirked and padded over to her.

"Good moves huh? Gingerleaf taught me in case ShadeClan attacked again. Looks like it's pretty useful!" Silverpaw told her proudly. Rosemoon nodded relieved. It wasn't the end after all. She slowly and painfully stood up. She glanced at her camp which had less cats than the start. We're winning! Wait... She squinted and realized there were a few LakeClan cats. I can't believe it, we got allies! Thank StarClan! 

"Ooh yikes. Those look bad. Let's get you to the medicine cat den." Silverpaw guided her to the den and had her lay down in an open nest. Rosemoon looked around and was surprised to see the number of cats injured. She was especially shocked to see Grappleshine in a nest near her, bleeding. 

"Grappleshine... what happened?" She asked the queen. 

"One of those ShadeClan foxhearts found their hiding spot and attacked. Luckily, she's the only one who got hurt. Warriors came in time to stop that fleabrain." Gingerleaf answered for her shaking his head. 

"That's awful!" Rosemoon exclaimed wide-eyed. Good thing no one else got hurt. She sighed and put her head down while Silverpaw tended to her wounds. By the time all the herbs were on her and the battle had ended, Frozenstrike and Lionfang came in. Frozenstrike looked like she fought a tiger. Lionfang was the same. They then curled up into two nests which happened to be next to each other. 

"If I'm done here, I'll leave you two lovers alone." She snickered and stood up. She nodded her leave to the medicine cats and left the den. She strolled to her new den seeing the damage the intruders caused. She saw Lilystar thanking the LakeClan patrol for their help. The queens and elders came into camp with Cloudberry, Brokencreek, and Sunheart. The kits jumped around unaware of the pain and destruction of the battle. One of the kits, Mightykit, bounced up to her.

"Woah... what was it like to fight Rosemoon?" He asked, his eyes full of curiosity and excitement. 

"Well it was really hard. I got hurt too.", She pointed at her wounds, "But, it was fun seeing the fear in those mousebrain's eyes." She added to see the kit's reaction. Mightykit stared at her in awe.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A WARRIOR! I'M GONNA BE JUST LIKE ROSEMOON!" He raced away to his littermates even more excited. She purred and headed to the warriors den. She flopped into an available nest and fell asleep immediately.