Chapter 15

"Hey! Wake up!" A cat hissed in her ear and prodded her. 

"What?" She groaned and sat up. She blinked and saw it was Silverpaw.

"Guess who got their full medicine cat name last night?" She grinned. Rosemoon gasped.

"What is it!?"

"Silverleaf!" 

"Good job Silverleaf!" Rosemoon congratulated her. Silverleaf beamed proudly.

"Oh also, it's time for the apprentice's ceremony." She added padding out. Oh right! It's time for Cottontail's kits to be apprentices! She scrambled out of her den and followed Silverleaf. She came out and heard Lilystar call the meeting. She sat down next to Darkclaw, her new mate, in the middle of the crowd. She smiled as she saw Cottontail grooming her kits, making them look their best. It had been moons since the war with DarkClan and BreezeClan. The Clan had recovered but there were a few changes. Cloudberry retired to the elder's den. Rosemoon was proud to be his last apprentice. A warrior also passed away, Echodrop. 

"It's time for the ceremony of four kits to become apprentices." Lilystar's voice jerked Rosemoon from her thoughts. She looked up at her leader. She rolled her eyes hearing Darkclaw getting excited. 

"You seem more excited than the kits." She whispered amused. 

"Heh..." He whispered back embarrassed. 

"Claykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Claypaw. Your mentor will be Brokencreek. I hope Brokencreek will pass down all he knows on to you." Lilystar announced. Brokencreek came up.

"Brokencreek, you are ready to take on another apprentice. You have received excellent training from Leafstorm, and you have shown yourself to be skilled and strong. You will be the mentor of Claypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Claypaw." Brokencreek then touched noses with his new apprentice and they stood next to Pride Rock. The same thing repeated for the next three kits. Brackenkit, now Brackenpaw, was apprenticed to Sunheart, and Reedkit, now Reedpaw, was apprenticed to Littlewing. 

"Shinekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Shinepaw. Your mentor will be Darkclaw. I hope Darkclaw will pass down all he knows on to you." Darkclaw's eyes widened with surprise. He glanced at Rosemoon worriedly and she gave him a reassuring nod. He gulped and slowly padded to Pride Rock. Rosemoon watched now more intently.

"Darkclaw, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Shadowmist, and you have shown yourself to be intelligent and swift. You will be the mentor of Shinepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Shinepaw." Darkclaw nodded and touched noses with Shinepaw who wouldn't stop moving. As they padded down, the Clan chanted the new apprentices' names. 

"Claypaw! Brackenpaw! Reedpaw! Shinepaw!" Once the chanting died down, Lilystar called the end of the meeting. The new apprentices' parents, Cottontail and Dustfur, rushed to their kits and congratulated them. Rosemoon bounded up to Darkclaw and licked his cheek.

"So, how does it feel to be a new mentor?" She purred.

"Kinda exciting but also extremely worried", He confessed, "What if I mess something up? How do I teach her correctly?" 

"Well, I think you'll do great."

"Thanks."

"You should get going now. Shinepaw's waiting." She pointed to the apprentice who was pacing. Darkclaw nodded and wave goodbye with his tail. She smiled watching Darkclaw head out with his apprentice, telling her about the territories. 

"Umm... Rosemoon?" She turned around and saw Frozenstrike with a worried expression on her face.

"Yeah?"

"I..I need to tell you something."