Chapter 18

"Rosemoon. Rosemooooooooooooon. Hey, wake up!" A voice piped into her ear. 

"What now Shinepaw?" She groaned and looked at Shinepaw who was making it a habit to wake Rosemoon up and make her tell Darkclaw to wake up. It was getting pretty annoying since she came in every day once there was light outside. 

"Could you wake-"

"Yeah yeah I know." She stretched and pawed at Darkclaw sloppily. "Get up Darkclaw. Shinepaw's here... again." He muttered something and padded out.

"Great! LET'S GOOOOOO!" She bounced enthusiastically and sprinted after him. Rosemoon decided to go out as well. She plopped down at the entrance of the den and started grooming. She noticed her stomach was a bit larger than usual. Must be the squirrel I had yesterday. It was pretty good! She shrugged and kept going. She thought about her secret meeting with Darkclaw in the cave which happened about a moon ago. She saw Gingerleaf pad in through the entrance with herbs and a strange scent. Smells like the twolegplace... I guess he was just getting something from there. She concluded but couldn't shake the feeling that something was odd. She saw Silvershine near the medicine cat den giving him a strange look. 

"Something's not right..." She murmured to herself. 

"Hi, Rosemoon! Wanna play moss-ball with us?" She turned and saw Snowkit bounding up to her with a ball of moss in her jaws.

"Sure!" Snowkit's eyes lit up and she raced to her brother with Rosemoon after her. The kits took their places and they stood in a triangle.

"Okay so the rule is you have to throw it in order of oldest to youngest so Rosemoon is first, then Snowkit", Whitekit growled a curse of being younger born second, "and then me." The two she-cats nodded. Rosemoon took the moss-ball and gently passed it to Snowkit who whacked it in the air to Whitekit. He barely caught it and hit it back to Rosemoon who was impressed by their skills. She passed it to Snowkit and they went on for a while until their mother called them back to the nursery for a nap. 

"No! PLEEEEEEEEASE CAN WE PLAY LONGER? Rosemoon will be busy soon!" Snowkit begged and Whitekit nodded.

"It's okay you two. I'll come back to play again another time." Rosemoon purred.

"Promise?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Bye Rosemoon!" The kits said their goodbye and went into the nursery. Rosemoon was walking away when Flameflight padded up to her. 

"Would you like to go on a hunting patrol with Stonepelt, Littlewing, and I?" He asked.

"Sure. I'm not doing anything useful at the moment." She replied. He nodded and signaled the patrol to go. He led the way with Littlewing next to him. Stonepelt and Rosemoon took up the rear. They padded on until Flameflight suggested they split up and meet back there once everyone caught something. They agreed and did so. Rosemoon headed towards the lake being careful not to make any loud noises. She could scent a mouse up ahead. Slowly, she stalked forward and found it munching on seed, unaware of any danger. She got into a hunting crouch and crept closer to it. Then she swiftly pounced on it and gave it the killing bite. Thank you StarClan for this prey. She buried it under a tree along the lakeshore and searched for more prey. 

"Hey, Rosemoon! Find anything good?" Stonepelt padded up to her.

"Hi Stonepelt. I found a nice mouse!"

"Cool! I didn't find anything so I'm gonna go... see ya later!" With that, he ran off. (smol talk with stone >:D)

After a while, she noticed it was getting late and decided to meet back up with the patrol. She picked up the prey she got: the mouse, squirrel, and thrush. I'm NEVER catching a thrush again. I almost broke my leg! She sighed and went to their meeting spot to find it empty. She put down the prey and called for them. No one answered. She sniffed the ground to find the scent was fresh. They must have left without me. She quickly gathered her kill and hurried to camp. 

"ROSEMOON THERE YOU ARE!" Darkclaw ran up to her and shoved his nose to her muzzle, "I was worried you got hurt or something!" 

"Why would you think that?" She dropped her prey and stared at him confused. He gave her an equally confused face.

"You were gone for a long time. The patrol came back a while ago." 

"Oh StarClan... I knew that thrush would make me late!" She growled at herself. Darkclaw snorted and she explained how right when she was going to catch it, it flew off and she had to leap from the tree branch onto the other to catch it. 

"...I almost missed the branch and the thrush! I was so close to falling." She finished.

"Wow." Darkclaw yawned. "I'm gonna go sleep." She nodded and followed him to the warriors den.