Chapter 12

Rosepaw yawned as the sun shone brightly. A few days passed and her wounds were all healed . She went to the medicine cat den like Gingerleaf had ordered her to so he could check if the substitute herbs helped. She called the medicine cat and Silverpaw popped her head up from a pile of leaves. "Gingerleaf's not here right now. He went out to get more cobweb. Did you need something?" 

"Oh, well, he said that my wounds need to be checked so I came."

"I can check them!" Silverpaw padded up to her and sniffed them. She gently pawed one of them and squinted. She circled her silently and after a while spoke.

"Everything looks good! Now, if you'll excuse me I have to get back to sorting these." She said pointing to the herbs. Rosepaw nodded and left the den. She saw Darkpaw and Lionpaw next to each other laughing. Good to know they're friends again! She happily went to the fresh-kill pile and chose a small squirrel to eat. She purred thinking of the amazing things that already happened today. My wounds are fully healed, Lionpaw and Darkpaw are friends again, and I got squirrel, the best prey EVER! She then finished the delicious squirrel and licked her lips. She was about to get up when she saw Flameflight getting onto Pride Rock. 

He called for all warriors and apprentices to come. Rosepaw walked closer and plopped down behind her mentor. After everyone gathered, he started speaking. 

"DarkClan ruined our fresh-kill pile! We have enough prey but we need more! It's been a few days since the battle with DarkClan and everyone fought bravely. For this reason, I believe it's time for the apprentices to have their warrior assessment." He said paused. Rosepaw gasped. She was going to be a warrior! Well if I pass which I definitely WILL. 

"So, mentors, come to me and tell me if you  think your apprentices are ready. Some apprentices may need more time and that's completely fine. The assessment starts right before sundown. Meeting dismissed." He finished and headed down next to Pride Rock. All the apprentices, including Rosepaw, glanced a their mentors worriedly. Rosepaw padded away to the Great Oak, where she goes when she's worried about something or needs to think. She perched under the hug tree and pondered. What if Cloudberry says I'm not ready? What if he's right? I mean, Amberpe- Amberstar was pretty harsh. Oh no... what if Flameflight and Lilystar don't let me become a warrior because they think I'll be disloyal like Amberstar!? Please StarClan, let me be a warrior! I'll never EVER become like that foxheart!  She started panicking and stared at the mentors gathered around the deputy. Her eyes widened when she saw Cloudberry talking to Flameflight. Rosepaw was just about ready to pass out with all the pressure and worry when Darkpaw came. 

"Why are you always stressed you mousebrain? Are you worried about the assessment?" He sat in front of her sighing. She looked up and nodded. 

"What if they don't let me take the assessment because Amberstar trained me? I'm not disloyal! I'll never betray FireClan!" 

"I know that. And I'm sure they'll let you take the assessment. Why won't they? You didn't do anything wrong." Rosepaw nodded again realizing the sense in what he said. 

"Thanks Darkpaw."

"Anytime! We should get some rest. OH! Before that, I gotta tell you what Lionpaw did..." He went on excitedly while Rosepaw listened, feeling better about the assessment. I'm gonna pass no matter what any cat says!