Chapter 4

Many moons passed since Rosepaw recovered from her injury. Leaffall has come and prey is decreasing. Rosepaw's now used to her mentor being harsh and she's become quicker and stronger. 

Rosepaw sat quietly observing her Clan. Frozenpaw and Cherrypaw had gone out hunting with Frozenpaw's mentor a while ago but they hadn't returned yet. What's taking them so long? Well, prey must be hard to find and they have to get a lot of prepare for leafbare. She thought. Just then, Darkpaw padded up to her. 

"Hey Rosepaw. How ya doing?" He asked sitting down.

"Hi, I'm doing good. I'm just worried about Frozenpaw and Cherrypaw. They've been out for a while and they aren't back yet." She responded.

"Oh. Well I'm sure they're fine."

"Hopefully." She saw Frozenpaw drooping her head and walking into camp with Flameflight behind her, dragging something big. Rosepaw ran up to them excited.

"Frozenpaw! I was worried something ba- wait... where's Cherrypaw?" She asked her ecxitement slightly fading. Frozenpaw looked up at her with a look saying sorry. Flameflight put the white furry body down.

"I'm so sorry Rosepaw..." Frozenpaw said.

"N-no! I-it can't b-be true." Rosepaw stared at the lifeless body of her sister in disbelief.

"There was nothing we could do... the monster...." Flameflight replied. Lilystar and the rest of the Clan padded out to see what happened.

"NOOO!!!" Silverpaw came running up to Rosepaw. Lilystar stood next to Cherrypaw and addressed the Clan.

"Cherrypaw was a strong, loyal, and wonderful cat. We will now grieve for our lost Clanmate." Lilystar announced. Rosepaw and Silverpaw buried their noses in their lost sister's fur and sobbed. Cherrypaw... why did you leave us? 

Rosepaw slowly got up to her feet shakily when her leader sent Amberpelt to go hunting. Soon after, she Silverpaw leave with Frozenpaw behind her. Rosepaw went after her curiously. She heard Amberpelt's voice and quickened her pace. She hid behind a bush and watched.

"Oh, I know you need help. I can smell your fear scent. Which helps me locate where. You. ARE." Her mentor stepped out and smirked.

"Amberpelt!" Frozenpaw looked at her surprised and slowly started backing away. "Do you...uh...have an apprentice?" Rosepaw could tell she trying to get rid of Amberpelt but it won't be that easy. 

"Yes. It's Rosepaw. She's grieving. For her sister. You. KILLED."

"I'm right here, you know. And I saw you threaten Frozenpaw." She stepped out and confronted them.

"No. I thought you were grieving?" Amberpelt said confused.

"Well, what happens, happens," Rosepaw replied, "I can't grieve forever."

Suddenly, Amberpelt bristled. She tasted the air.

"Uh...what?" Frozenpaw asked.

"Can't you smell that? It's fox-scent!" Amberpelt glared at Frozenpaw. "Go and run back to camp to get help."

"I...um...don't know where the camp is," Frozenpaw said nervously.

Amberpelt rolled her eyes. "Mouse-brain. The camp is THAT WAY." She cocked her muzzle towards a thicket of trees.

"Wait, I thought it was-" Rosepaw began, but Amberpelt cut her off with a glare. Frozenpaw sprinted off in the direction Amberpelt told her. Rosepaw stared at her mentor. She's leading Frozenpaw to the thunderpath! She's going to get killed! 

The fox got closer to them and the memories of last time came. This time, she was fit and uninjured. She will fight that fox! The fox obviously came to Rosepaw first since she was smaller. It nipped at her and she jumped back. She ran to its side and gave a few blows while AMberpelt raked its muzzle. The fox yelped with pain and whirled around to face Rosepaw. Its eyes were blazing with anger and it grabbed Rosepaw in its mouth. She helplessly dangled in its mouth.

"LET GO YOU MOUSEBRAIN!" Amberpelt ran to the fox and scratched it enough times for it to let go of Rosepaw. Rosepaw curled on the ground and whimpered. Amberpelt stood over her and growled at the fox. Just then, Frozenpaw and a patrol came with her. They surrounded the fox and attacked swiftly.

After a while, the fight was over and the fox lay dead on the ground. Rosepaw was breathing hard while Flameflight gave orders to everyone. 

"Frozenpaw, could you take Rosepaw to the medicine den, please? Thank you." Frozenpaw nodded and carefully dragged her to the medicine den. 

"Oh. Hi. Bring her here." Silverpaw led them to an open nest. Frozenpaw let her go and left the den. Once again, Rosepaw fell asleep while Silverpaw worked on her wounds. Great StarClan, being a warrior is harder than I thought!