Chapter 3

"FOX!!!" Rosepaw shrieked. She stood up and panicked pleading for her mentor to do something. Amberpelt looked just as shocked but calmed down.

"Run to camp and get your wounds cleaned. I'll try to lead the fox away." Amberpelt ordered her. Rosepaw nodded and limped as fast as she could to camp. She glanced back and saw Amberpelt hissing and slashing at the fox. Her eyes widened and she went faster. Please be okay Amberpelt!

When she reached camp, her sister and medicine cat apprentice, Silverpaw, ran up to her. 

"What happened?" Silverpaw asked her worriedly.

"Training...blood...fox.." Rosepaw said between breaths. That was more than enough for her sister to guess what happened. Silverpaw led her to the medicine cat den and told her to lay down in a nest. She listened and curled up. It felt good to take a break. She fell asleep while Silverpaw and her mentor, Gingerleaf, put herbs on her. 

It was dark outside by the time Rosepaw woke up. When she did, she saw a squirrel next to her nest. She licked her lips. My favorite prey in the whole world, squirrel!  She slowly got up to a crouch, wincing at the pain her mentor had caused. She bent down and started eating. Just then, she saw Amberpelt walking by and she glared at her. LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU ALMOST GOT US KILLED MOUSEBRAIN!!!  Her mentor just looked the other direction and casually walked away. Rosepaw growled softy and continued eating.