Chapter 19

All-day it's "Rosemoon, Rosemoon, ROSEMOON". I'M GONNA GO MAD WITH ALL THIS! She hissed getting up. Her stomach was getting larger and she was becoming slower. She knew exactly why and everyone else did too but she stayed in the warriors' den. Of course, this meant everyone would constantly encourage her to move to the nursery but she refused every time. I'm fine mousebrains! 

"Rosemoon! Are you sure you don't want to move in with us?" Icefur asked.

"Nope, I'm fine." She replied trying not to yell. 

"Aww, why not? You'll be able to play with us all day!" Snowkit chimed in. She was known for randomly jumping into conversations. Because of this, she knew that Rosemoon was expecting which made her even more excited to have her join the nursery. Argh, I'm not giving up to a kit!

"I'd rather do warrior duties. Besides, I'll be coming here soon." She added glancing at her belly.

"Fine but come very soon! I wanna play with new kits! Whitekit is so BORING." She rolled her eyes.

"I AM NOT!"

"Yeah, you are!" Rosemoon padded away leaving the kits arguing. 

"ROSEMOON!" She sighed padding to the medicine cat den. 

"What now?"

"Have you seen Gingerleaf?" Silverleaf asked her. 

"Oh good, I thought you were gonna ask about-"

"SHUT UP AND ANSWER ME!"

"Sheesh, no, I didn't see him." She sat down puzzled.

"This is bad..." Silverleaf started pacing around.

"Why?"

"No one's seen him since morning! Willowpelt said she saw him leave camp but she didn't see where. He's done this multiple times and always comes back with a weird scent." 

"Huh, I thought I was the only one who smelled that." 

"You smell it too?" Silverleaf's eyes widened and Rosemoon nodded. "Something is definitely wrong then." 

"Yep."

"While we wait for him to get back, do you need something for-"

"NO.I.DON'T." She growled and Silverleaf collapsed laughing. 

"But seriously though, you're gonna have to move in there soon." Silverleaf said after a while. 

"Yeah, I know." 

"How about you go on patrol or something to enjoy your warrior stuff while you can?" 

"Okay. See you later."

"Bye and remember to take it easy!" Rosemoon padded out the den. Just then, Gingerleaf padded in through the entrance carrying something orange with Frozenstrike next to him.

"Gingerleaf! Silverleaf was so worried about you!" She told him as they walked by.

"She was right to be worried", Frozenstrike muttered.

"Huh?" She stared at them confused. Gingerleaf took the thing and headed into the nursery. Did he just bring... a kit? He dropped whatever he had and followed Frozenstrike to Lilystar's den. She was half-way to the nursery when Snowkit shrieked, "YAY NEW KIT!" Warriors nearby looked at the nursery confused. Rosemoon quickly hurried in and sure enough, there was a fluffy shivering ball in front of Icefur. The queen stared at it unsure of what to do.

"Icefur... who is that kit?" 

"I don't know... Gingerleaf just dropped her in here and left..."

"Oh." The tiny kit stared up at them then turned to Whitekit and Snowkit who were bouncing around. 

"White, Snowkit, stop! You're going to scare the poor thing." Icefur snapped and curled her tail around the kit who meowed loudly for food. 

"How's she doing?" Frozenstrike padded in with Silverleaf. 

"She's a bit hungry. Also, Can I name her?" Icefur asked. Frozenstrike nodded, "I don't see why not." The queen studied the mewling fluff. Suddenly she stopped and looked frightened. "Great Sta- I- I mean...Goldenkit." Rosemoon frowned why she suddenly got scared and saw Frozenstrike had the same expression. There's nothing wrong with Goldenkit... why are they so surprised? She nodded approval of the name like her sisters and headed out. 

"Hey Rosemoooon, where you going?" Whitekit smirked. 

"Haha, nice try. I'm not staying here yet."

"Grr!" He stomped away clearly angry his plan didn't work. As she headed to Flameflight to be assigned on a patrol, she couldn't help but feel that there was something Frozenstrike and Icefur knew about the kit that they weren't saying.