(19) Hawks

I just read this one story and omg was it good. Like the writing was immaculate. So I'm trying to getting better at description and tone of what's happening because it doesn't feel like my writing is that great.

Ps I didn't reread Soo spelling mistakes.

We ended up getting detention. Both of us, for a month.
But I can't worry about that I'm starting my internship with Hawks today. Bird beak is coming too. I should probably learn his name.

We were walking to the agency, the warm breeze making my hair flow the the left of me. The smooth concrete of the side seemingly glides under my feet as I'm completely focused on something else. It feels like spiders are crawling up my stomach climbing their way out of thought. To say I was nervous was an understatement.

The sounds of few leaves crackles under the breeze, desperately clinging to the tree. Bird beak to my right, as everyone is. It makes me feel almost calmer to know where people are, like have people constantly in the same spot is reassuring.

"Heyyyy." I heard a voice call.
I look up from where my eyes were, which was on my feet. His red wings flowing with the breeze as well. His jacket, pants, and hair fallowing in suit.

We walk up to where he was leaning in the door way of his "agency," if you can call it that. It looks more like a pent house than a place of business. It's one of those buildings that's so tall it feels as if it's going to fall back in you when you look up at it.
I can practically see the excitement radiating off of this man child.

"I assume you're y/n," he said pointing at me.
"And you're Tokoyami." (I think that's how you spell it idk man)
He said moving his finger ever so slightly to the right of me.

I just stand there, waiting for him to continue what ever rant he was saying.

His vibe so far seems like how I thought it would be. Like a small child going to a park, exited to play with the seemingly strangers. Looking to the world with a weird kind of innocents. Which is honestly quite strange for someone so successful, he must of seen some shit to come as far as he has. I might be shit at reading people but he feels like a locked book, a book the I have a key to, I just need to find it.

"Well dont just talk me ear off, we need to get down to business." He said standing up straight and ridding his hands together in anticipation.

He shoves his hands into his pockets once again after hearing us say nothing. He tilted his say as if saying
'Follow me." Which is exactly what we did.

The crunching of stray pieces of gravel under my feet grounds me to the situation. Lately I've been disassociating and blanking off. I'm slowing starting to actually feel the effects of what happened to me all those years. I just felt completely empty going through it and shortly after getting taken by Mr. Z.

But it's weighing on me, the fact that I'll never see my family, the fact that my whole life will be me against everyone. The fact that I have to try my hardest to be ready to fight any battle. It's just weighing on me that at any point I can get kicked from UA and put in a prison for people who are too dangerous for society, or the death penalty which is probably the best option.

I just wish I could cuddle with my sister in her vanilla scented room, under her warm, fuzzy blankets.
But that won't ever happen because I was too fucking weak. I promised I would help them, to be a hero but I couldn't even stop their deaths, I was right there, just 3 feet away I could of done something, I could of-
"Hey, kid." My body immediately tenses as I feel the hand on my left shoulder, the warm deep voice brining me from my trance.

He warmth of his gloved hand spread through out my shoulder down my shoulder blade and the side of my neck. It was comforting almost.

I slowly lift my head to meet his eyes. I mean we're to same height so it wasn't like it was difficult.

"Are you okay you weren't responding and you were shaking." He asked, his face twisting to concern.
"Yes I'm good. My apologies for the interruption." I grumbled and looked back down.

He started rambling again but I was in the mood to pay attention anymore. I just followed to where he was leading us. He started at ya stair case. We walked for about 3 minutes before we ended at what I assume is the floor for employees. But it was completely silent, no one is here.

"Oi bird brain, don't you have employees?" I ask look over to him. He look back at me a gave a smile. This stupid ass smile that was obviously fake. That's when it hit me.

He's putting up an act.

But was it everything? Or was it just that he's stressed having to have two people to look over for a week. Or was it being a hero? Does he actually want to be a hero? When I think about it all the things I know about him is probably fake.
More questions build up the more I try and reason with it.

Okay but now I think about it. His movements don't look free, I mean they do, but only people who don't know what to look for. It's like he's calculating everything, does that mean all he does is fake? His personality is basically perfect, he's funny, attractive to the normal person, successful, young..... wait how the actual fuck is he this young.

Like I know that he has a great quark and all but I really don't think that an air head like him self could pull it off. So ether
1. He got help
2. Hes faking his personality
3. Both.
I'm not 100% in this but I'm definitely booting into it.

"Ah a nick name already, I'm flattered, but no I don't have any." He said still keeping up his 'smile'.
"Anyway as I was saying," he continued as he started to a hall, across from where we came in, on the left.
"The two bedrooms that you will be staying in. They're on either side and the one at the end is the bathroom. I have a room one floor up. I'll be coming down here to eat with you though." He said his us air guns.

"Sooooo," he started clapping is hands and tubing the the together.
"I was think chicken for dinner, any objections?" He asked. I looked over to see Tokoyami shaking his head no.
"Wouldn't that be cannibalism?" I asked with a small smile. Just because I'm suspicious of him doesn't mean I have to have a bad time, I mean I agreed because he's funny. Even though it's possibly fake.

"Ha ya maybe, if my name was 'chicken' but alas I'm a hawk." He said pointing a thumb over his shoulder at his wings.
"Hmm okay." Is all I said looking away.
"I'll get going, I'll be back in like," he looks at his watch.
"Ten, fifteen." He says with a shrug and starts walking to the window.  As he opens it he says,
"Make your selfs at home." And flys off.

I turn to Tokoyami.
"Is it cool if I take left." I says and point to the left bed room.
"Uh, ya sure." 
Damn this weeks gonna be awkward as hell.

———————
-1309 words