Before the storm(20)

It's been 3 days since the internship started, I haven't found anything suspicious about Hawks yet but I know he's hiding something. He always looking, well, glancing in the alleyways while we're on patrol. He also looks cold when he thinks no one is looking. He instantly stops smiling the instant he felt like he was alone.

But tonight is different, once again I'm staying up. I found that his room is right above mine which is oddly convenient.
Like I said tonight was different, I heard two sets of foot steps from above. I could also barely make out some mumbled voices. I heard all this before I saw him fly off out from my window.
We'll have to keep on looking into it but I might not be able to find out before the internship ends.
———-

I was right. I wasn't able to find out anything else. One other time I heard another set of foot steps but nothing else, it's very frustrating, I need to know what's going on. I guess 5 days wasn't enough to get the information.

"Y/NNNN I MISSED YOUUUU." I heard an over enthused Denki yelling before he jumped on me wrapping his arms and legs around my like a koala. I cracked a small smile.
He actually cares.
I rustle his hair and plant a small kiss on his head before replying.
"I missed you too." He looked up at me, resting his chin on my chest, smiling incredible wide.

"Oi stupid." I heard Katsuki say walking bye.
"Hey ugly." I said back.
"Hey Denks I have to get my bag up stairs." I say.
"Noooo I went so long with no one to play video games with." He said looking feather sad.
"Kiri and Sero? What happened to them?"

"Kiri was with fat gum and Sero sucks ass at cod." He said loosening his grip on me and standing on his own.
"Hey, that hurts you know." Sero said from the couch.

"Y/N." Kiri yelled from the hall running to me and engulfing me in a tight hug.
"DUDE I'm having so much fun at my internship, I get to go with Amajiki." He basically yelled, but I didn't care, I was so happy that he's this jazzed about it.

"Wait," I said backing up to look at him.
"Having?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Ya did ya hear, I, along with a few others, get to stay longer than 5 days, cool right?" He said smiling but this smile was different. There's something going on.
"OH, also I found an Ultimate move. It called unbreakable. It's so manly." He said to small little bounces of excitement.
"I'm sure it's the manleyest." I said making him smile wider.

Denki pulled at the sleeve of my black hoodie.
"Come on, I'll help put your stuff away, I wanna hear about your internship." He says smiling widely.
"I'll leave you to it." Kiri said, while walking off.

As me and Denki walk to my room I noticed how energetic he is, yes he is very hyper most of the time but now he's practically bouncing from foot to foot, making semi-loud taps on the wooden floor.
He has a small smile, his face has content written on. Not to brag but during my internship with Hawks I learned, or well, tried to learn how to read faces and body language. Even since he pointed this i started to analyze everys' movements and faces to see what they're feeling and that stuff.

I'm honestly quite proud of myself for this. In my training with LOV this was the one area I never did good in.

"We're here." Denki practically sang as we, did in fact, arrive at my dorm. Opening it  greeted with my room. What else was I expecting? There's nothing to expect. It's just my room.

He flopped on my bed side ways, as in his legs from the knee down are off the bed. I follow this action to his left up by the pillows. I lay my hands across my stomach and chest as he asked,
"So the internship?"
"Yeah?" I ask.
"Brooo how was it??? You need to tell me." He whines as he flips on his stomach, arms on the bed keeping his up and looking at me.
"I'll tell you some story's."
———

Day: 0
At dinner.

Hawks was leaning against the counter that's to the right to where I am leaning. Tokoyami is sitting at the table close by.

"So, y/n." He starts gaining my attention.
"You're not Japanese, what are you?" He asks and takes another bite out of his chicken wing.

"My mom is Japanese, my dad is American." I say as, I myself, take a bite of chicken.
"Oh America, isn't take where you wear the flag and own bald Eagle?" He asks.
I chuckle lightly at that comment.
"Only the worse people actually wear American flags, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to own, capture, or kill a bald Eagle because they're endangered." I say before folding up the chicken box and tossing it in the trash.

"Your Japanese is good though." He says cocking an eyebrow at the question that he's pussyfooting around.
"We lived here most of my life because of their work." I said not wanting to get into my actual background.

"I thought you said-" Tokoyami asks before I shoot him a look making him shut down any sentences that were about to come out of his mouth.

Hawks didn't say anything, he just gave a questioning look.

———-
I tell Denki more stories to keep him amused.
After a few hours it was dinner but to my mistake I wanted to head to bed early.
As I have my last few seconds of  consciousness I here the squeaky sound of my window being opened.
———

Ohh boy I've had so many ideas and no clue how to connect them. I think it's all coming along.
Any way -1002
Dang this was a short, mostly fillet chapter, but eh.