The Labyrinth

You walk into the labyrinth, knife in hand. You keep close to the shaded side of the path. The black clothes help conceal you in the shadows, as you press forward. You make your way and eventually find yourself at an intersection. You decide to keep going forward in an attempt to reach the middle of the area. From past experiences you know that there will be an open field in the middle and if you can find it than you will have a better chance at finding the bird.

After a few minutes of walking through the twists and turns, you find yourself standing before a large arched hedge. Past the hedge is the opening. Flying just above the center is Hawks. He looks as if he is concentrating with his hand resting on his chin as his elbow rests on his other arm. In the sunlight he almost looks angelic. Fixated on the figure in front of you you don't notice the swarm of feathers headed to you until it's too late to stop them.

(3rd Person)

Hawks shoots up from the ground into the sky. From there he has a perfect view of the layout of the area. "It's huge" he thinks as he looks over the hedges that go at least a half a mile in front of him. "This might take longer than I originally thought."

He shakes his body and flies off in the direction of the center. There he can send his feathers to find you.

Once he reaches his destination he sends 8 feathers in every direction to search for you. He concentrates and after a few minutes a group of feathers found you stalking among the shadows. He sends all the other feathers to your position. He carefully watches you as the amount of feathers slowly grow as you slowly get closer to your target. When you finally reach the arch he couldn't wait any longer and sends the feathers after you.

Y/N pov

An unknown force sweeps you off your feet and flies you closer to Hawks. Clutching your knife so that it doesn't fall you look around and see red feathers carrying you. Panicking you try to roll off them but every time you do your attempts are thwarted by the feathers shifting to keep you in place.

"Now, now, now don't be rude. I just want to have a little chat with you." A smile spreads across his face as his feathers bring you closer. Your eyes meet his as the feathers come to a stop in front of him. "Now little birdy, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Which one do you prefer?"

You look past his eyes and try to look into his soul. Gazing deep inside him you rise to stand. The feathers seem to follow your every step as you walk around him in mid air. Your eyes never once leave his.

"I'd like to go to the ground please." You say it with absolute control over him. So much so that when you put out your hand he takes it and guides you down the path of feathers.

Once you've reached the ground you remove your hand from his. "Kneel." You say and he obliges. You walk around him once more before leaning over to his ear. You whisper, "I think it's about time to end this, don't you?" To your surprise he answers you.

"Well being polite certainly doesn't work with you, so I guess we just have to do things the hard way." He shoots up into the sky as you mutter "Fuck" under your breath. Your eyes follow him. He copies your motion by circling overhead before sending a shit ton of feathers raining down at you. You dodge, but the ones not in the ground continue to attack. You continue to evade but all that's gonna do is wear you down You yell up to him.

"GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE YOU DUMB BIRD AND FIGHT ME!" Your anger continues to build up as the feathers continue to attack. Finally, you grab one as it flies past your. Gods, I hope this works. You stare into him. "Listen here you little shit." The feathers stop in midair. "I want to get this over with. To do that I need to make you bleed so get your feathered ass on the ground before I cut up every last one of them."

Your threat seems to work because when you look up Hawks is falling out of the sky. He lands flat on his ass with a thump.

"You could have been a little nicer about it. Jeez, that really hurt dude." He quickly stands up and brushes the dirt off. He turns around so that his butt is facing you. "Did I get it all?" he asks in a mocking tone. You want to chuck your knife at him but then you wouldn't have a weapon. Hawks calls back his feathers and his wings look as good as new.

"I want to fight. Got it?" You stare at him. "One on one. No tricks. And no quirks."

"And what makes you believe that you can beat me without your quirk?" He asks pointedly.

"I've done it before so I can do it again. I just can't fight you while you are in the sky."

"How do I know you'll fight fair. I mean you are a wanted criminal after all. You could be lying to me so I let my guard down."

"I swear to you," you raise your right hand. "I will not use my quirk."

"Ok then," He says "I believe you. But I'm going to need a weapon for this to be completely fair." He reaches behind his back and pulls out a feather about as tall as you. "Will this do?" He asks. You nod, still in disbelief that he has a feather that long.

"Welp, then if we're both ready lets duel."