The Encounter

Once again Kelly drags you and Hawks into store after store to find clothing for you. You hate to admit it but Kelly is starting to grow on you. She already knows your sizes and always picks out items that you like. She's found you 9 pairs of shoes already and a bunch of outfits to go with them. Hawks however grows grumpier with every bag Kelly hands him.

"I'm the one paying for this stuff, so why do I have to carry it all." He whines to you and Kelly. She just turns around and says,

"If you want to be so negative then you can go wait outside. I will not let your negativity interfere with me bonding with my new boss." She turns back to the rack of clothes and continues to look.

"I'm still your main boss. She's just my sidekick from now on. You don't need to pick favorites already." He mutters as he walks to the door.

"This would go so well with Hawks' wings when you two have to go to fancy events." Kelly states. You are still mesmerized by the dress. It would barely reach the floor with heels on. It was loose but would still hug your curves perfectly. Kelly shoves it into your hands and pushes you into the dressing room.

After a few minutes you come out. Kelly lets out another gasp. The dress fits you perfectly and you look amazing in it. You would definitely steal the show at any event you went to in this.

You look a little longer in the store before paying and walking out. When you turn to continue on your way you expect to see Hawks surrounded by fans. Instead you see a pile of bags on the ground.

"Kelly," She turns to you with panic in her eyes. "Stay with the stuff. If I'm not back in 30 minutes call someone for help." You yell to her as you run off. You turn the corner into an alleyway. Please don't be dead. You say to yourself. Please don't be dead.

You continue to run until you see his bright red feathers out of the corner of your eye. You go do the alley you saw them in. There's a pile of them. You grab one of them.

"Come on. I know you hear me through this thing. Where are you?" The feathers all shoot up from the ground and start to fly around you before shooting up to the roof. You grab the fire escape and start to climb, still clutching the first feather. Once you reach the top you are guided across the rooftops before they come to a stop. You look down and see Hawks being held up against the brick wall by a hooded figure.

"WHERE IS SHE?" The figure yells.

"I'm telling you man. I don't know. Nobody knows who the Reaper is. And besides their bounty got canceled in all countries 3 days ago." Hawks replies. The figure raises his fist and a blue flame appears. You jump down from the building , landing next to the figure. You grab his hand. "Dabi." You say. "Now isn't the time to start caring about me." Dabi turns and is surprised to see you standing next to him. His flame dies down as he pulls you into a tight hug.

"You scared the shit out of me, stupid. Where did you go?" He pulls away and puts his hands on your shoulders. He grips them just like he used to. No wanting to let you. You look down at the ground before answering him.

"I went home." You say meekly, already knowing how he was going to respond. His grip tightens.

"Why?" He asks. "That place was horrible. Why go back."

"She had no choice." Hawks speaks for you.

"Shut up, Bird boy." Dabi snaps before turning back to you. "You could have come to me. The league would have helped you out."

"You know the rules, Dabi. I had to go home. I failed a mission. I had to repent."

"Screw those rules. You don't have to follow them."

"Yes I do." You yell, pulling out of his grip. "I took the oath. You ran away from it. I will not betray the people who raised me. The Gods have protected me since I got to the sanctuary. Mother raised me as her own." Dabi cuts you off.

"She raised you to be a killer."

"Oh and you're so much better than I am?" You respond. "I killed for money. I killed for my family. You kill because your Father abandoned you. You are no better than me."

"Don't bring that bastard up." He shouts activating his flames. You stare into his eyes.

"Don't." You say activating your quirk. His flames die down before you step towards him again. You wrap your arms around him. "I lost, Dabi." You say as you hug him.

"What?" He looks at you as he pulls out of your embrace. "To who? What was the wager?"

"It was my life." You say as tears start to form. "My life is his now." You point to Hawks. Dabi takes a step towards the hero. "I'm free now." Dabi stops. He turns to you as the tears start to flow. "I don't belong to them anymore. I'm my own person now." He grabs your face and wipes away your tears. "I know you promised to, but I did it Dabi. I have a new purpose."

"I understand y/n." Dabi says quietly. You wipe the last of your tears away. "Remember what you promised me y/n."

"I will."

"And you." He turns to Hawks. "If I ever hear about you hurting my little sister I will find you and free her from your service. Got it." Hawks nods in response. "Good. I'll be going then." Dabi waves before starting to walk out of the alley. Hawks moves to apprehend him but you step between the two.

"I owe him a favor, besides Kelly is probably worried sick about us." You start to walk away.

"You've got some explaining to do." Hawks says as he catches up to you.

"All in due time, good sir." You respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 1021

Thanks for Reading! Vote if you'd like!