If this is Home

The car was silent on the way back to the giant house on the hill. Hawks had another car in the office's garage so you were grateful that you didn't have to fly back. Your entire body was starting to feel the effects of your day. Your legs throbbed and your feet burned. At this point, you just wanted to sleep.

It remained silent till the two of you parted ways in the hallway that divided the upstairs. Hawks muttered a goodnight before walking into his room.

I'm so tired. Bank robberies don't usually take a lot out of me. Keigo thinks while pacing before finally walking to the bathroom to shower.

When he walks out of his room he hears the door to your bathroom click into place as you lock it. For some reason, he feels hurt by that action but shakes it off as he walks into his bathroom.

He understands that there needs to be more time till you fully trust him but he trusts you with his life. What happened to you that makes you not trust him? He's a hero after all. Heroes save and help people. You're a good guy now so why are you so worried about what happens next?

The cold water rushes down his back. It causes his muscles to tense for a second and feathers to puff out before relaxing into the pressure.

His shower was quick and filled with thoughts from the day. He cleans the sweat from his body and rinses the soap off. The cold water runs down his back as puts his head against the wall. After standing there for what felt like an eternity, he turns off the water. His feathers ruffle to dry off before he steps out.

Wrapping the towel around his waist he walks back into his room. When he enters he feels a cool breeze pass him. His window was left open, but he never opened it. As he makes his way to the window he notices a black envelope with a red wax stamp sealing it shut. Inside is a handwritten letter.

Hello there Pro Hero,

It seems to me that you have stumbled upon something that

doesn't belong to you. I would very much appreciate it if you

would be so kind as to return my precious treasure to me.

You see, I have been looking for her ever since she slipped away

from my sight. Now that she is in the open again I would love

to have her returned to her rightful place at my side. The choice

is yours, Hero. Be sure it is the right one.

His blood ran cold as the breeze swept through his room again. With the note clutched in his hand, he rushes out of his room towards your room. The door at the end of the hall is slightly ajar. He pushes past the threshold to find your room untouched, except for an open window and a manila envelope sitting on your bed.

~

You had fallen into a routine ever since you started living with Keigo. Life has become less stressful. You didn't have to watch over your shoulder all of the time and could take long hot showers after hard days. That was exactly what you were going to do. Walking into your bathroom, you immediately strip yourself of your sweaty costume. Though flexible and strong, the material did not give your skin room to breathe.

The scolding water hit your skin and gave you instant relief, causing your shoulders and back to relax from the stress of the day. You go through the motions of washing yourself until the water starts to lose its original heat. Stepping out, the cold air spreads goosebumps up your arms and down your legs while you dry off. Once you are wrapped in a robe and completely done with the bathroom you leave, crossing the hall into what has become your room.