I Won't Lose

Your first shot hit him in the shoulder. The impact from the paint explosion opened his neck. You take the opportunity and hit him on the base of his Adam's apple. Before he can catch his breath, the next bullet connects with his knee.

If it was a real bullet, it would have gone clean through, shattering his kneecap. Instead of crippling the Hero forever, the bullet splatters yellow paint over his costume.

Now that your position has been compromised you throw the strap over your shoulder and make a run from it. You go back the way you came to stay in an area you recognize and can easily maneuver in.

Endeavor regains his balance after the blow to the knee. He looks around in the direction that it came from. He sees a flash of light coming from the rooftop. Using his flames as a booster he launches himself into the air.

Just as you finish climbing the fire escape to the last building Endeavor lands on the roof. Perfect timing. You quickly pull out the hand gun and fire two shots. Before they connect with the target, a wall of flames disintegrates them

10 left

You dodge to the left as the wall closes in on you. Now on his flank you fire another shot.

9 left.

The bullet connects with his shoulder. It sends a shock, stunning him for a few seconds. Using those precious few moments to get behind him. You take the butt of your rifle and knock him to his knees. He groans after hitting the floor. Taking the rifle, you aim for the middle of his back.

Just as you fire, Endeavor's flames grow larger. The heat is so intense that you have to take a step back so that you don't get burnt. The flames only grow larger as the heat continues to push you away. Eventually, you are on the edge of the building. Fire surrounds you on every side except one.

Endeavor steps out of the flames. "I've beaten you. There is nowhere for you to run."

Your eyes connect with his, searching for any sign of weakness.

"Funny, your son said the same thing to me on his first day."

Hitting the spot you were looking for, you latch on to his soul. He falls to his knees as the flames around you start to dissipate.

"I know who you are, Enji Todoroki. Father of 4. Oops, it's 3 right." His eyes betray his grave face as you continue. "His name was Touya, right? He had blue flames. Kinda like yours. He had your hair and eyes didn't he. It is a shame what happened to him, but a mercy compared to your youngest. His own mother poured boiling water on his face. But you probably tell everyone that it was an accident with his quirk. How Heroic, Endeavor. You train one child into the ground, the next two you ignore and the last one. Oh the last one. I bet he despises you."

You stride up to the fallen hero and look him in the eyes once again.

"You may know about my quirk but you know nothing about my life. I honestly thought you'd be harder to take down. Guess the Bird has you beat on that one."

You lean down into his ear and whisper, "Now give up and stay still till they come and get you."

Just as you told him, Endeavor raises his arms in surrender. You turn and walk towards the fire escape.

"Wait!" You hear and turn back around. How did you know Touya?"

"Simple." You laugh. "I was the one who helped him burn that prison down."

With that you make your way down the fire escape and back to the entrance. But before you can even make your way off the ladder, armed guards surround you. All you do is roll your eyes and lift your hand up.

One of the guards takes your handgun and rifle away while another one grabs your wrists and handcuffs them together.

Words: 662

I'm not dead just swamped with school. Enjoy.