APPROVED

The days begin to blend. Wake up. Go to work. Finish paperwork Hawks is "too busy" for. Train Anderson and Tokoyami. Go home and shower before crawling into your bed. Maybe you stop a villain or two in the process.

You try to stay out of the media but being next to the Wing Hero makes that kinda hard. The rumors flew around. You were either dating, sleeping together, or some nepotism baby. The papers never considered the fact that maybe he just hired a woman. Most fangirls didn't enjoy the rumors floating around. They tried to 'bully' you into quitting or moving agencies. Most of the hate you received was from people who thought that Hawks would fall in love with them the moment he saw them. You knew these people were delusional.

The rest were easier to deal with. A quick "Nope. We are not dating and or sleeping together. He's all yours." usually did the trick. Everyone else just saw you as a nobody sidekick, which was fine with you.

A week later, the commission finally approved Hawks' infiltration of the League. You would be his way to contact them and set up the meeting. He would have to do the rest without your help. The two of you figured that if you did all the talking, they would get suspicious and probably kill him. Members of the League trusted and worked with you but you had also just become the newest sidekick to the soon-to-be #2 Hero. You could get him in and hopefully out in one piece, as long as he doesn't fuck up anything while you're inside.

You toss the opened envelope onto his desk. The paperwork he should be doing lay scattered and undone underneath. Your boss faces away from you, his gaze stays on the city below.

"Do you want to look at it or should I just tell you?" You ask his back.

His wings stretch out, the crimson feathers blocking out the cloudy sky outside. He slowly turns as he responds to your question with his own, "Are we doing the right thing? Is this what we need right now? After All Might's retirement being so soon..."

You cut him off before he can finish. "Well, buckle up buttercup, because the mission got approved and I already set up my burner phone. I just need approval for the message to be sent. You think about the existential shit later. Let's get this done!"

You yell the last part in an attempt to lift his mood. He is a little surprised at first but his normal smile soon returns to his face.

"Wait. Did they actually approve it?" He dashes over to his desk and pulls out the papers from the envelope you had left on the desk. On the top of the report you had written up was a big 'ol APPROVED stamp.

"Apparently. Here, look at this next." You slide the burner phone over the desk.

The text on the screen reads, 'Mission may have gone wrong but I've got a present for you.' He nods as he hands you back the phone.

"I just hope he didn't destroy their last phone. That's the only number I know, and we don't have time to do things the old fashion way."

"And what's the old fashion way?" Hawks asks as he sits in his large desk chair.

"Hunting down one of them." You say as you start to make your way back to your desk. "It'd be easier if I didn't have to carry around dead weight." You add with a wink in his direction.