Patrol

You always thought being a hero would be fun, exciting, dangerous. But this... this was just boring. You've only been outside for less than five minutes and he already had a crowd around him.

If this is what being a hero is like all the time then I should have thought about it harder.

For the first few minutes you just stand on the edge of the circle, until you realise that this was going to take a very long time. Looking around you see a bench and walk over to take a seat. After about a half an hour of waiting you get up and walk up to the crowd very annoyed.

"EXCUSE ME LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! PEDESTRIANS. YOU ARE STOPPING A PRO FROM DOING THEIR WORK, WHICH IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW IS A VIOLATION ON LAW 37 SUBSECTION C. SO IF YOU WOULD KINDLY LET THE WINGED HERO GET BACK TO HIS PATROL THEN HE WOULD BE HAPPY TO SIGN YOU FACES AND KISS YOUR BABIES AFTER HE CLOCKS OUT! Thank you." You yell at the crowd. The crowd departs with you getting quite a few glares from his fans. You just roll your eyes as you walk up to your boss.

"If it is always like that then I am never stepping foot outside the office ever again." You state.

"Well considering you just scared off my fans I don't think it will happen anymore." He retorts.

You let out a breath, "Oh thank the Gods."

"Pffffft. You're just jealous. Hawks says with a smirk.

"No. I was just annoyed that I had to wait for you. I'd like to remind you, sir, that I do not know the patrol route you do. So I have to wait for you to show it to me. However if I did know the route then I would have left your feathery ass behind 45 minutes again." You smirk when the realization hits him. His face drops into a pout as you begin to walk away.

"You'd really leave your boss out on the street."

"Yes." You deadpan. "Especially if you are surrounded by screaming teenagers. Now Mister mopey, which way are we going?"

After about 3 hours of being stuck with an oversized chicken with way too many underage fans, you finally make it back to the office building. Surprisingly in one piece, considering how many flash mobs you had too break up. Your throat hurt and you just wanted to sit down, anywhere.

When you were going to kill somebody the most work you had to do was pull a trigger or seduce the target. But you will never complain about that ever again now that you know what a mob of fan girls is like.

You walk into the building and the receptionist waves you over.

"Ma'am, You have a visitor waiting for you upstairs." She says.

"Oh, ok. I'll go get Hawks."

Oh no, ma'am. He only wanted to talk to you, not the boss."

Strange.

You thanked the woman and made your way to the elevator. The whole ride up was spent wondering who would want to see you. And why would they come to your workplace? Once you stepped out of the elevator the smell hit you. Fire.

You rush over to the source of the pungent smell and see a large man towering over Kelly. You sigh before grabbing a cup of water from a nearby desk. Water in hand you make your way over to the man.

"Hello there." You say in the sweetest voice possible. Endeavor turns around at the sound of your voice.

"Where have you been?" He booms. "I have been waiting for a very long time."

"I'm sorry sir, but I was out on patrol. So now that I'm here would you kindly stop harassing the young lady in front of you." Your voice is sweet but your tone is stern. He backs away and takes a seat in the conference room. "Kelly, you are free to go. If Hawks comes up, keep him in his office till I'm done training this bitch to behave."

Kelly only nods before rushing to the bathroom most likely to cry.

You walk into the conference room and make your way over to Endeavor. Raising the cup in your hand you dump the water on his face, putting out the flames on his face.

"There, now you won't make any more employees cry." You say as you throw the cup away before sitting down at the head of the conference table. "Now tell me why you are here. I won so what could you possibly need from me.

"The director asked me to bring you a gift." He says motioning to the boy sitting beside him. You raise an eyebrow at the kid as he gives you an awkward little wave. "He will be incharge of monitoring you for the commission."

"So he isn't a gift. He's a spy." You smirk. "Is that why you only wanted to talk to me, because you knew Hawks would be against an invasion. I haven't known Bird Boy for a long time but I do know why you came to me. I'll agree on one condition,

"You are in no place to be making demands."

"Shh sh sh. It is not a demand. Think of it as a mutual agreement. I take the boy into the agency to make the Commission happy and you keep quiet about everything I said to you during our little sparring match."

Endeavor doesn't even think about it before extending his hand to you. "Deal." He says.

"Wonderful," You whisper as you take his hand.

"Welcome aboard Kid. You're gonna hate it here." You wink at him before showing Endeavor out the door.

"I hope I never see you again Sir." You smile as the doors to the elevator doors close on Endeavor's angry stare. 

Words: 954

WHAAAAAT! a Double upload. Crazy I know. I felt bad for being gone so enjoy!

P.S. be sure to comment because I love reading them.