8. "Noapte City"

The car ride was pretty much silent after that. Alexander didn't look at me again until we got to New York, which seemed weird. New York looked just as I'd left it, full of life and light. Well, it looked like that until we got to the abandoned building me and Dennis had visited a while ago. Alexander opened the door for Jacqueline, and then for me, and the three of us walked inside the building fully aware of what to expect.

Even though I had been there before, and I had a good image of what the inside of the building looked like, I was still surprised by it. The building came to life when we walked in, just like I knew it would. The walls became a golden color, vampires and humans appeared dancing in between the two bars that served drinks. The three mysterious doors that still sparked my curiosity were in the same place as before. It was like everything was the same, but different. I didn't know how to explain it, but it made me feel... alive. That place was so full of life it was hard not to get carried away by it.

"Sir, she's waiting for you." a tall vampire with beautiful shiny olive skin walked towards us and said to Alexander. I imagined he referred to Roxanne. Alexander nodded.

"Of course she is." Jacqueline said after the vampire left. Alexander looked at her with a half-smile.

"Let's go." he said as he started walking towards the dance floor.

Right before he was about to go through the dancing crowd, everybody turned to him. It was like they'd seen a vampire for the first time, which was obviously not the case, because some of the people dancing were vampires. They looked wondered, and intimidated. It was good to know I wasn't the only one that felt intimidated by Alexander. Everybody stopped dancing and they made way for him to come through. I knew Alexander was old and respected, but I didn't know he was that big of a deal around here.

We walked to the other side of the room, where the doors were, and he stopped in front of the door me and Dennis had entered the first time I was here. The same two vampires that were guarding the door the first time, were doing it now. But this time neither of them even thought of looking at me, and it was probably because Alexander was there, and they were afraid of him. The female vampire opened the door for Alexander, without making eye contact, and the three of us walked in.

I found the same thing I'd found the first time, a simple room with nothing special whatsoever, other than a red button on the wall. Alexander pressed the button and he ran his hand through his hair as the stairs started to appear in front of us. Once the stairs formed completely beneath us, Alexander took the lead and he walked downstairs. Jacqueline and I followed. The place was just as I remembered it. A long hall with bright golden walls and doors everywhere. Dennis had called it something the night we came, but I couldn't remember what it was.

There was one thing different from the first time I'd been there, which was that outside the very last door there were two vampires guarding it. Something told me that was the door that separated us from Roxanne, the one and only, The Ruler of The Academy. She was probably one of the most powerful and important creatures in the world, and I was a door away from her, I couldn't help but feel a little bit important. I followed Alexander and Jacqueline as they walked towards the door. One of the vampires -a short blonde one- opened the door for us without making eye contact with neither of us. It was like now I was royalty, just because I was near Alexander. I wondered what it felt like to be that powerful and feared.

I wouldn't be exaggerating by saying that the other side of the door looked like the inside of a castle. Or at least an old mansion. It was impossible, yet it was right there before me. Magic was involved, that was obvious. That big of a room couldn't possibly be underground for multiple reasons. One of them was the space, there was no way everything I was seeing would fit underneath an abandoned building in New York. The other reason that came to my mind was that there were windows on some of the walls that showed bright daylight. It was nighttime in New York, and we were underground, how the hell could the windows show the beautiful landscape they were showing? And how did vampires survive the daylight? The windows weren't filtered, I could tell. I had so many questions.

The walls were tall and white with golden decorations. There was barely any furniture, and the thing that used up most space were the two stairs that were opposite of each other. They were covered in a red velvet-like material and the stair railings were white with red and golden applications. There were three big windows that allowed light to come inside the place on the wall to my right and on the one to my left. Behind the stairs there was a big red door, which caught my eye right away.

"C'mon in, she's waiting." A tall goddess -there was really no other word for her- said to us. I gasped.

She was coming down the stairs to my left, in all her glory. She looked like an angel. She was tall and majestic. She had long black hair and a flawless dark skin that made my jaw drop. She was everything I wasn't. She was perfect. She had a long white dress that made her brown eyes pop, and white heels. She also looked like she was glowing.

"What are you?" I thought out loud.

There was something different about her, she wasn't neither a vampire nor a human. She wasn't a witch either. I didn't know what she was, and that was making me nervous. I usually knew what kinds of creatures I was surrounded by, and that always tranquilized me, but now I was in the dark.

"I should ask you the same question." she said with a smile. Could she feel me? Could she tell I was different?

"We shouldn't make her wait." Jacqueline said, referring to Roxanne. Alexander looked at her and nodded.

"Indeed." the creature in front of us said.

I looked at Alexander, who was standing next to me, looking for some answers. He looked at me for a second with his typical serious expression, but somehow, he told me with his eyes that he would explain everything later. Then he walked towards the big red door, and it opened in front of him, like it was magic. Jacqueline and I followed him. The room before us was a living room, a big living room that belonged to a mansion. It had big open windows on the walls, a long L-shaped couch that looked like it was made of red candy, a big fluffy rug under them, a glass coffee table, a big chandelier, and a beautiful female vampire standing next to the couch.

She had red hair up in a ponytail that showcased her milky white skin. She was wearing a golden short dress with white applications that looked like it came with the mansion, and she was also wearing a pair of white high heels that let her perfect legs shine on their own. She, just like all vampires, looked unreal.

"I'm glad you finally came to visit." she said, looking right into Alexander's eyes. Did they have some sort of history together? Or was I just seeing things?

"I had to." Alexander said with half a smile. Jacqueline cleared her throat.

"Oh, and the beautiful Jacqueline came with you, as always." The woman said.

"Hi to you too, Roxanne." Jacqueline said.

Three other vampires were in the room with us, probably for Roxanne's protection. Two male and one female, the three of them gorgeous and flawless.

"And who is this?" Roxanne asked, referring to me. I felt my heart start beating faster inside my chest.

"I'm Stell..." I started, but I was unable to finish.

"She's mine." Alexander said. Roxanne looked at him with curiosity. I thought maybe Alexander wanted me to stay quiet for my own safety, so I decided to do that.

"Interesting." Roxanne said as she walked towards Alexander, who was standing next to me. "I thought after Mary Louse, you'd stay away from humans." she said in a provoking tone, getting closer and closer to him. "You know what they can do to you." was she trying to provoke a reaction? It sure looked like it.

And she was going to get one, because Alexander clenched his jaw in rage. I'd be willing to bet my life Alexander felt about Roxanne the same way Dennis felt about him, like he wanted to kill her, but he knew he couldn't. I just wanted to find Dennis as soon as possible, because the pit in my stomach kept getting bigger and bigger.