11. "Find him"

An hour past, and Alexander didn't seem to mind if we stayed all night and day in complete silence. I did, because nobody wants to spend time with someone they barely know in silence. Well, to be honest, it wasn't complete silence, because every once in a while, I'd sigh in frustration, and Alexander would say a word or two to me about not giving up. I was making no progress. It was like Dennis wasn't even there, and I was getting tired of it.

"It's useless." I said to Alexander, who was reading something on a magazine he'd found on the nightstand. He looked at me.

"Stella, I think I know a little more about blood bonds than you do." he said, and then he looked back at the magazine. "It'll work." he assured me. I sighed for the hundredth time.

"I'm telling you; it's not working." I said. He might've known more about a lot of stuff than me, but I was the one that had a bond with Dennis, and I could tell I wasn't making any progress.

"Just give it some time." he said, without looking away from the magazine. I laid back on the bed.

There was no point on trying anymore. It was 3.12 am, and my eyes were closing without my permission. I closed my eyes for a second, I thought I would just recover some energy, maybe gain some strength. Maybe the reason it wasn't working was because I was sleepy and kind of hungry. Suddenly, three knocks on the door made me open my eyes again. I sat up on the bed and I saw alexander open the door. A tall, gorgeous vampire appeared behind it, he had beautiful green eyes and hazel hair, he was dressed extravagantly, to say the least.

"I heard you were back in town." he said in a British accent, looking at Alexander up and down. The new vampire was a subtle hint of blue eyeshadow, and flawless black eyeliner on his eyes. I gasped at the sight of him. "And I see you are not alone." he looked at me for a brief second. His focus was on Alexander.

"Hello Valentine." Alexander greeted him. I couldn't see Alexander's face, so I couldn't figure out what kind of relationship they had. I did know something; Valentine was definitely attracted to Alexander.

"Alexander, I wanted to ask for a minute of your time, if it's not inconvenient." he said, looking at Alexander and then looking at me once again. This time he looked at me for more than a second, and he frowned. He was probably wondering why I felt different.

"Sure, I'll be right down." Alexander replied. Valentine nodded and then he left. Alexander closed the door after him. I yawned, trying to shake off the sleepiness.

"Who was he?" I asked. Alexander walked towards me.

"Valentine Etton. He's Roxanne's partner." Alexander said, and I gave him a confused look.

"Partner?" I asked, confused. I had learnt that vampires had their own rules when it came to relationships and other vampires, so naturally what Alexander had just said made me curious.

"Yes." he confirmed, but without explaining. I kept looking at him with a question mark on my face. Alexander took the black leather jacket that had been resting next to me on the bed, and he put it on.

"So, they're together?" I asked, and Alexander smiled.

"Sort of." he responded, vaguely. I frowned. "They are together, but not exclusively. I told you vampires aren't good with exclusivity." Alexander clarified. I was still a little confused.

"But isn't he...?" I asked, implying Alexander knew what I was asking.

"Gay?" Alexander finished my question for me. I nodded. "How awful for you to assume his sexuality just by the way he dresses." Alexander said in a mockery tone.

"It's not the way he dresses, it's the way he looks at you. You don't need to be a psychic to know he wants to sleep with you." I clarified. Alexander smiled.