31. "Forced love"

I thought maybe he was bluffing, maybe the real Dennis was still in there, the Dennis that would never hurt me. I didn't fully understand how turning off a vampire's emotions worked, but I couldn't believe Dennis' entire identity could be erased that easily, even if it was temporary. It had to be somewhere. His feelings and emotions couldn't just disappear, or could they? I looked at Alexander, who seemed unaffected. I didn't know if he actually was, or if he was just trying to seem that way to Dennis. Either way, I was completely different. My knees were shaking, and my heart was racing. I couldn't physically hide my nervousness, and vampires could always notice when I was scared, which put me at a disadvantage. I thought about everything for a second, and I realized we only had to get through this, and we could get out. If we managed to return to our room safe I could spend all night trying to communicate with Merissa, and to get us out of here. Every day they gave us five hours with the cameras off, and I had to make the most of them. I had tried for the last few days, but without getting anywhere. This time I had no choice. If we came back to our room safe and sound, it would be my last chance to execute our plan. We just had to avoid dying, or Alexander turning off his emotions because if Alexander didn't have his emotions nothing was stopping him from telling everyone about our plan and getting us killed.

"Sweetheart, do you have a lot on your mind?" Dennis asked. His tone was condescending and a little threatening. I looked up at his as I snapped out of it.

"You think?" I asked ironically. Dennis smiled softly, but without actually expressing any emotions. Everything Dennis did looked calculated and emotionless, not like before. Even when he tried to pretend to care, I could still see right through him. I wondered if that was due to our connection, or because of my supernatural abilities. Or maybe everyone else could see it too.

"I think it's time we get started." Dennis said, vaguely. Only he knew what he had planned for us, and a part of me didn't want to know. "Stella, take off your clothes." Dennis demanded. I didn't even try to hide my shock. What did he just ask me to do?

"What?" I asked. Even Alexander had a frown on his face, unhiding his surprise as well.

"You heard me, take off your clothes." Dennis demanded once again. Was this a new form of torture? Maybe he wanted to cut me, and he needed my skin to be exposed. Either way, I wasn't exactly comfortable taking off my clothes.

"No." I said. I forgot for a moment that saying no to him wasn't an option.

"I don't believe I asked you." he said. I shook my head in denial, once again. Dennis rolled his eyes and sighed like he was exasperated, and then he took a step towards me. Was he planning to take my clothes off for me? I couldn't find out because Alexander rapidly put himself in between Dennis and me, stopping Dennis from coming any closer.

"What are you doing?" Alexander asked Dennis. He was so tall I couldn't see Dennis anymore, nor did I even want to.

"It's not important, you still have to do as I say." I heard Dennis say. "Both of you." he clarified. Alexander didn't move an inch. "Don't make me go through the list of all the things I will do to her if you don't move right now." Dennis threatened Alexander, who didn't like being threatened. I touched Alexander's arm, reassuring him. If I had to take my clothes off to stop him from hurting us, I would do it.

"It's fine. I'll do it." I said. I still didn't understand the point, but if Dennis wanted to take off my clothes, I had no choice but to do it. Alexander turned to me, and I nodded, reassuring him once again. He then moved out of the way and stood next to me again. Dennis was smiling.

"Go on then." he encouraged me. Dennis didn't want to see me naked for the pleasure of it, if there even was one, it was more like a power play. Maybe he wanted me to feel even more vulnerable and weak than I already did.