FORTY-FIVE

- Chapter Forty-Five -
"I don't believe in coincidences."

"So then it turns out that Percival Graves, this man that we were fighting, was actually Grindelwald

"So then it turns out that Percival Graves, this man that we were fighting, was actually Grindelwald."

"Gellert Grindelwald?"

"The very same."

Remus, Sirius, Peter, Ernie and Porpentina Scamander (née Goldstein) watched Elladora talk animatedly with Newt about his travels when collecting information for his book manuscript. They were all clutching their cups of butterbeer, eyes drooping with slight boredom as the two were all smiles and wide eyes. She was absolutely starstruck that she was talking to the Newt Scamander, the man with a case full of magical creatures.

After she woke up from her fainting episode, she was so embarrassed that she had blacked out at the mere knowledge of being within six feet of him. He had quickly assured her that it was no problem and bought her a hot cup of tea, whilst Madam Rosmerta found her a blanket. Ernie had tried to help too but Peter was practically standing on his toes and purposely moving in front of him as they went to help.

When she came to, she had expressed how big of a fan she was and they got to talking about different creatures and animals in the wizarding world, which quite frankly nearly put the rest of them to sleep.

"So what happened then?" Elladora asked, cupping the warm mug of tea in her hands as she talked to Newt.

"Well, he was arrested of course." He chuckled. "MACUSA were furious about the exposure of course, so I had to give Frank the Thunderbird some Swooping Evil venom and he flew above the city of New York, wiping the memories from all the muggles that were there to see the chaos that day."

"What about Jacob?" She asked eagerly.

"We had to wipe his memory too." Newt said casually and large frown came into Elladora's face. "But he remembered when we returned to New York and-"

"Newt." Tina piped up, giving him a look whilst tapping the watch on her wrist. "Time to go."

"But-" He protested, gesturing to the young girl in front of him but the woman shook her head sternly. "Oh, fine then. Well it was lovely to meet you Elladora."

"You too, Mr. Scamander." She stood, wanting to give him a proper goodbye.

"I have so many more stories to tell you." He said with a regretful look at Tina, who tapped her watch again and Newt slumped his shoulders before looking back at Elladora again. "I'll owl you."

"You will?"

"Yes. You will love the stories about Pickett-" He started but Tina touched his shoulder and lead him outside of the Three Broomsticks without so much as a wave back to the young girl.

The door swung open as they left and then swung back closed when they walked out and the usual chatter of the three broomsticks became more apparent as they left. Whilst talking to Newt, Elladora had practically blocked out everything else around her and focused solely on speaking to him. It was a miracle he was in the Three Broomsticks that day and if Elladora hadn't of said yes to Ernie then she probably would've never met him.