SIXTY-SEVEN

- Chapter Sixty-Seven -
"Don't go breaking my heart."

Elladora stared cluelessly at the stove in front of her, tilting her head and frowning in confusion

The thought of making breakfast seemed like a rational one before she realised that she had never cooked in her life and had no idea to turn a stove on, let alone actually make something. Dobby normally made the family's breakfast but he was outside tending to the gardens like he had been ordered to do by Elladora's parents before they left so there was no chance of bringing him away from an order. Plus, his day had been booked up with chores that the heads of the household had set him so Elladora couldn't wait for him to be finished.

When they had baked over the Christmas holidays at James' house, both her and Remus had been taking showers after their food fight so she didn't see him put the cookies wherever they were meant to go. She just had absolutely no idea what to do with it and therefore could not try and cook whilst Remus was supposedly nearly done in the bath with how long she had been stood in front of the stove.

Usually, when she went down into the kitchens at school, there were rings of fire on the stoves but she didn't know how to make them appear. Maybe it was a spell.

"Incendio."

It was not a spell. Elladora jumped and yelped in fear as the whole oven set alight, roaring flames of orange lighting up the whole dark kitchen with a smooth hue. The heat came immediately, fanning over Elladora's face as she gaped hopelessly at what she had done before raising her wand to the oven again.

"Aguamenti." A jet of icy cold water propelled  itself towards the burning flames and distinguished them almost immediately, she had done nothing but make a mess and was now back to where she started but with drops of water on the oven now.

She still just stood, pursing her lips and surveying the oven closer by getting on her knees and looking through the gap separating the oven and the cobblestone floor. There was nothing there to tell her what to do. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment and she frowned whilst squinting to see if she had missed anything in the darkness under the oven.

"Elladora?"

At the sound of Remus' voice, she went to look back at him but unfortunately she also banged her head on the oven, making her wince and ghost her fingers over it for a moment before standing as best she could and smiling over at him.

He must've only just come in since he was stood in the doorway, his hair was damp but not dripping and he was dressed in another pair of sweatpants with a baggy t-shirt on that she had put out for him before she came down to attempt to make breakfast, which obviously didn't work out.

"Hi." She groaned slightly, rubbing her forehead. "Uh, I can't cook."

Remus laughed, shaking his head and stepping fully into the kitchen whilst closing the door shut behind him. He was a bit nervous to be in her house, considering the colour scheme and the size but when he got down all the stairs and found the kitchen without much of a hassle, he felt a bit more relieved at the fact that there was truly, no one other than them in the house.