SIXTY-EIGHT

- Chapter Sixty-Eight -
"We're a family now so you have to act like one."

Elladora had been left alone once more

After breakfast, the rest of the day went by quickly. It was that same thing that happened at Christmas where Elladora couldn't remember the phrase, but now she did, time flies by when you're having fun. She really wished it didn't, she wanted him to stay longer so that her day of peace could stretch out as much as it could but after a brilliant morning full of dancing, slipping on the floor and eating food, Remus had to get back to his own house to take care of his dad who by the sound of it was in an even deeper state of grief than Remus had been.

Elladora liked to think that she had cheered him up slightly and that made her happy because he and the others had done it for her in the first place and now she finally feels like she's returning the favour. She still felt like she owed Remus something for saving his life but whenever she even tried to let it slip, he'd stop her with that look where you just have to shut up immediately because it's that intimidating. As if he was challenging her.

Her arm had been calm the whole time, no sudden sparks of pain or indescribable burning but she liked it that way. Unfortunately it didn't last long because she woke up the next morning with a stinging feeling in her left arm that made her not want to get out of bed but from the list she had looked at yesterday that her mother had told her about, the younger population of Death Eaters were coming over.

Meaning she had to face Avery, Mulciber and Snape. Some others that she didn't go out of her way to talk to, but at least Evan and Regulus were going to be there. Although Evan did want to be a Death Eater like his parents and like Avery, Snape and Mulciber, he wasn't mean like they were and instead talked to Elladora like she was a human and not like she was a piece  of dirt on the bottom of his shoe. She supposed that he hadn't known her for as long as the other had since he was a couple of years above her in school.

Getting dressed had  proved difficult, she tried to do it on her own but ended up falling over her skirt multiple times. Dobby came up to help after the first large thud, though his eyes were round and watery.  Elladora suspected that he knew about the plans for him to be moving to a new family seeing as though he choked out all of his words and eventually broke down when she pulled him into an awkward hug once she was dressed.

He  left soon after, muttering about being put to his duties. It was at least an hour before the others should be arriving and when he did, the loud knock echoed around the large house like it would in a deep cave of rounded rock and water. Unnerved beyond belief about the meeting that was about to take place, Elladora had made sure to take deep breaths when walking down the stairs towards the door, hoping that either Evan or Regulus would be the one knocking.

"Hey, Elladora." Evan greeted when she swung open one of the large doors with a forced smile, her shoulders slumped slightly in relief at the sight of him but she could immediately sense the others behind him.