Chapter 23

Why was it so dark..

My body....it feels cold...

I'm freezing....

Why.....

Why does it feel like I'm.....

Ugh.....w...what was that constant beeping I was hearing?.....it sounded....almost like....a heart monitor?

Was I in a hospital?

"Get up you freak!"

That voice....

"Chotto matte. He's still not stable boss...we can't-"

"Enough! Do as I say now!"

What....what's going on?

I tried hard to pry my eyes open but I couldn't seem to.....

There was a blinding light, I couldn't see. I squeezed my eyes tightly before I tried opening my eyes again.

"He's awake boss....should we still.."

"It doesn't matter! Just do it!" The voice demanded.

What are they going to do to me...?

That's when I felt something going through my body, like a burning sensation coursing through my veins. I manged to force my eyes to open and I let out a dry groan, my throat sore for some reason. I could see the silhouette of a few figures but I couldn't make out their faces...I turned my head as far as I could and manged to spot out an IV connected to my arm. My eyes were drawn to the bag that looked to be filled with....a dark liquid. Blood? I couldn't tell.

Then I remembered....

Ricky....where was Ricky?

And then I heard it....that familiar melody...the song stuck in my head.

"I can't escape, the monster inside of me. The hunger I can't contain. Inside of me....."

I tried moving around but that's when I realized I was strapped down. My vision became more clear and I could finally make out the faces of the figures standing around me. Vampires. One in particular stood out of the rest and I recognized him as Hyde...
He smirked down at me as he sang softly, leaning against the table I was strapped to not tearing his eyes away.

"Ohayo, Chris Motionless..." his voice purred. It was like bitter honey.

I tried opening my mouth but the burning in my veins got worse and my vision started going red.

Ricky.....no I need to get to Ricky!

It took everything in me to open my mouth and finally speak out any words.

"W-what are you gonna d-do to me? W-here is Ricky....?" My voice trembled like I was freezing, and lower than usual. But it was enough for Hyde to hear.

"Well Chris, believe it or not you are actually half vampire, which is very rare.  So I took some of your blood for my own." He held up a vile in between his fingers that held a deep colored liquid. The blood was a deeper red than normal blood.

I furrowed my brows as he said this and I couldn't believe what he was saying. But before I could question him again I felt that feeling in my veins and I let out a low growl. I could feel my heart pounding through my ribcage, some sweat was forming on my forehead, and something sharp poked me in my bottom lip as I clenched my teeth together. I ran my tongue over my teeth and to my horror I felt sharp canines. Fangs....

"Your blood is rare, but I need you at your fullest potential. I'm feeding you my own blood so you will be completely under my control..." he leaned his face closer to mine whispering the last part. "And you'll never be able to remember your friends, or your precious kitten. They're mine."

He chuckled before stepping away to let the other vampires finish their jobs. Before I could say anything the pain got worse and every part of my body clenched as I let out a loud cry. My body arched and with every breath I took my heart beat started to slow down. I shut my eyes tightly letting out a loud scream not wanting the image of my friends or Ricky to escape my mind. No...I can't forget them. I could never forge...t...th.....em....n....no....

My mind started to fade to black and when I opened my eyes, all I could see was red. I was being blinded by a rage that I never knew I possessed and could tell I couldn't fight it. Hyde had me beat. ...and all can do is hope and pray that Ricky and my friends are alive and safe....please....b....e....be.....safe....

R...Ric...ky.....

The heart monitor started to speed up  and before I knew it had completely flatlined. My heart had completely stopped beating.  But I was still conscious. My mind was being clouded and the last image I could see before I blacked out was Ricky....

My kitten....please....be safe...be strong for us....

I hope we meet again. In another life maybe...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A very very VERY much needed update. So what does everyone think? Was this Chris in the beginning, middle or after the previous chapters? Take a guess in the comments below to see if you can guess it correctly.  I apologize for the wait but I hope this filler makes up for it. Thank you all who have ben patient and following this story. Im glad you're enjoying it and I hope you're all staying safe out there. Stay safe and stay Purdy.☆