Chapter 27

Chris' POV:

"It's you...isn't it?"

Kaz stood in place not changing his expression, his eyes practically burning into me as they faded back to their normal dark color. The older vampire then walked past me towards the crowd who was still in a buzz. He lifted one hand up and almost instantly everybody froze in place.

"Who has the ring?" His voice was demanding. Everybody looked around at each other until somebody finally spoke up.

"I....it's in Ricky's pocket."

I felt that familiar pound in my chest when they said that name.

R....Ricky.....

Kaz walked down the few steps and towards the still corpse of the kitten. My blood felt like it was boiling as he kneeled down reaching into the pocket of Ricky. Seeing somebody else touch him, violate him made me feel such rage. Why?

"Kaz, what the hell are you doing?" Hyde snapped from behind me.

The room was quiet, the only sound I could hear was the heavy breathing of the others around me. Kaz stood from Ricky's body and turned to hold up a ring at Hyde who furrowed his brows.

"Where....how did they find that?" Hyde almost looked concerned, an expression I've never expected from the vampire leader. He's usually so serious, angry, with literally no fear in his eyes.

Kaz didn't say anything, instead he walked in Hydes direction, the sound of his boots echoing through the large mansion with each step he took. Everybody was so quiet you could hear the faint flaps of a bats wings from outside. Hyde kept his brows furrowed as his vampire companion approached him, ring still in hand. Kaz then slipped the piece of jewelry onto his ring finger and Hydes facial expression changed as the ring glowed purple.

I heard a few gasps from behind me and I observed as Kaz's began to glow, matching the ring. Hydes mouth hung open slightly, his fangs grazing softly against his lips.

"Kaz...why.....how is this...." Hyde stuttered and then went completely silent giving Kaz room to talk.
.
.
.
.
.
Kaz's POV!:

"Kaz...why.....how is this...." Hyde stuttered and then went completely silent. I nodded my head before speaking.

"I was born, many centuries ago, before you were even born. I am part of your loves ancestry line. Before I died, I sold my soul to become immortal and was reborn as a vampire, as you see me now." I paused to observe Hyde's facial expressions as they went from confused to shocked and back to confused. So I decided to continue.

"As a vampire now living in hell I had access to the living world so I could watch over my family. And soon my young cousin found you. Instantly I fell in love with you Hyde. As envious as I was towards her, I wanted nothing more than to see you both happy." I bit my lip slightly as I studied Hydes face. Even after all of these years, it felt like I was falling in love all over again. If my heart were still alive, it would be fluttering like the wings of a butterfly.

"Cousin.....so....you're related to her?" Hydes Adam's apple moved as he swallowed a lump in his throat. His eyes were a bit swollen as if he were ready to cry.

"Yes. After she died the first time, I thought I'd have a chance, but then you sold your soul as well and became a vampire. Since you sold yourself to find your love, I couldn't get to you for I was stuck in Hell. So I watched and waited for years until she finally came back in another form. The only problem was she had fallen in love with someone else. It pained me to see you trying so hard to express your love to her when she didn't even know you existed."

"Stop! I...I don't want to hear anymore of this!" Hyde exclaimed. It was working. He was about to break just as I had planned. Hyde had a tendency to let his anger get the better of him, hence his plans to overtake the world and enslave mortals. I am hoping to break him so I can take control of him in order to stop his plans.

"When I had the chance to finally accompany you due to your wishes, I did whatever I could to help you. Including helping you escape from being noticed by other mortals during that car accident. I was there for you while you grieved, I patched you up, took care of you, and did everything you asked me to. I followed your every wish because....."

Hydes red eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment I could see a hint of dark brown in them. I haven't seen Hyde natural eyes in years. His hair fell against his face like deep brown feathers, , his lips were like cherry blossoms against a blanket of snow, and his eyes.....They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and even though I had no soul, Hyde's eyes always found their way into mine.

I lifted my hand up slowly to Hyde's delicate face and it quickly soften up at my touch. I've never seen Hyde so relaxed in the many years I've known him. He looks so beautiful, like a dainty geisha walking through a field of sakura trees. It was enough to almost make my heart skip a beat, and in this moment, it was only him and I. Nobody else was even present in this world as we both got lost in each other's eyes. I haven't been this close to Hyde before, I felt like I was committing the most horrible of sins, but I couldn't stop myself. I then spoke the words that I've been wanting to recite to him ever since I laid my eyes on him.

"Aishiteru.."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tada! I hope you guys enjoyed this update! I'm really doing my best to put out the best chapters as I can. I'm almost done with this book, just a few more chapters left till the end, so I want to thank you all who have stuck around with me and this story. I appreciate you all. Stay safe out there 🙏  <3