Chapter 28

Chris' POV:

It felt like I spent an eternity staring into the cold face of Ricky. Even in this state, he looked so beautiful. His hair was like midnight, and his lips were like rose petals. It didn't even look like he was dead, he just looked like he was in a deep slumber, resting peacefully. Several sniffles were heard throughout the area along with some sobs.

"Is....is he really gone?" The red haired female, Ash sobbed as she held onto her twin like friend.

The room was silent until one of Hydes vamps, Reita,  spoke up.

"I don't think there is a way to save him now....gomen..." the smaller vampire bowed his head as he finished speaking and the cries of Ricky's friends grew louder.

For a moment all I could do is look back to Ricky before turning my attention to Hyde who was stepping away from everybody. Kaz looked to him and Hyde stopped.

"Hyde, it's over. Just please, let's help the children." Kaz cooed.

Hydes whole demeanor instantly changed and he let out a sigh before stepping back over to where Ricky laid. He kneeled down in front of the raven haired beauty before reaching down with his hand and using his fingers to softly caress his pale face.

"There is one way....but Chris is the only one who can save him now." Hydes glowing golden eyes met mine. He then aggressively gripped the sides of my face forcing me to meet his glowing wide eyes. Memories began to flow through my mind, my brain forcing itself to remember every last moment. Manson, the circus, my friends, Kyle's death, everything came flooding into my brain all at once. The last memory I had was of Ricky. Our first kiss, our first real date, our first time making love.....I didn't know how close I was with any of them, especially Ricky.

I fell back as the memories stopped and I looked around to see the familiar faces of my family.

"Ash....Dani...Josh...Ryan....I...." I was instantly attacked by them all in a big hug but I didn't fight back or stop them.  I just let them all embrace me.

"Oh Chris! It's so good to have you back! We've missed you!" Ryan Ashley sobbed as she practically smashed my face into her chest. I tried pulling away to take a huge breath and she giggled an apology.

"Now Chris." Hyde started. "I'm going to feed Ricky some of my own blood, and as soon as I am done, he should wake up. When he does, you need to feed from each other immediately." The older vampire kneeled down by Ricky and I followed suit.

Hyde rolled up his sleeve to reveal his flesh and he proceeded to sink his fangs into his own wrist. His eyes glowed their usual vibrant gold as he lowered his wrist above Ricky's slightly parted lips and I watched as the dark blood began to drip. It only lasted a few moments before Hyde moved his arm back. The air was dense as we all waited for Ricky to wake up. Inside I was dying hust to see him open those beautiful blue gems he had as eyes.

After what felt like forever I felt Ricky's small frame shift slightly and I watched as his eyes began to open slightly. I let out a small gasp, but it was like he was struggling to pry them open.

That's when Hyde motioned for me to began the feeding so I swiftly lifted Ricky's body so I was cradling him. In a quick motion I leaned down brushing my lips against Ricky's soft neck and I felt butterflies in my stomach. It feels like I haven't touched Ricky in centuries, I couldn't help but feel this way but I knew I had to finish this first. I opened my mouth and let my fangs sink into his neck, my tongue immediately being invaded by a bitter taste.

"Keep feeding until his blood gets sweet. You're basically cleaning out his blood." Hyde ordered.

I did as he said and I kept drinking, but it didn't take too long until Ricky's blood got sweet. I pulled away to see his eyes were finally opened, rather sleepy looking but I was so glad to see him awake.

"C....r..is..." his voiced was faint, and as much as I wanted to embrace him, I had to follow Hydes orders. I grabbed the back of Ricky's head and pulled him forward bringing his lips against my neck. Almost by instinct, I felt a very soft prick against my neck, like the hard tip of a feather.

After a few moments Ricky pulled away and our eyes finally met. His usual bright blue eyes slowly began to glow the familiar gold color I've gotten used to and I knew he was now a vampire.

"Ricky...h-how are you-" I didn't even finish my sentence before  the feline boy leaped forward to wrap his arms around my neck. I almost fell back but caught myself and returned the much needed hug.

"Oh Chris, I...I never thought I'd see you again!" Ricky said in between sniffles. I chuckled against his soft neck and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Shh, it's okay my baby. I'm here now. We're safe now..." saying those words felt like a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. I was alive, Hyde didn't want to kill us, and more importantly, Ricky was safe.

Finally, it was over....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes, unfortunately, this series is almost over. There will only be a few more updates after this and then it will be on to bigger and better things! Stay tuned for more updates and possibly new stories! Stay Purdy (;