Chapter 5

Chris' POV:

"So, this started happening after he opened that weird box?" Devin tilted his head slightly. We were all standing in my trailer, Ricky still clutching the black mouse in his hands, purring as he rubbed his cheek against it. Dani and Ash giggled a little bit as they watched this.

"Yeah, well after he took out that mouse. Now he won't let go of it, or even acknowledge me." I sighed.

Devin nodded before walking over to the bed sitting on the edge next to Ricky who didn't pay him any mind. The kitten laid back, eyes still wide and dilated giving Devin a chance to look down into his eyes. The singer stared at the cat boy before letting out a small chuckle.

"I think that mouse has catnip in it."

It made sense now. Ricky was half cat, and catnip made felines act out this way. I let out a sigh of relief as I kept my eyes on my precious kitten. Devin pat the top of Ricky's head, the kitten letting out a louder purr. Then Devin did the unthinkable. He quickly snatched at the toy mouse trying to pry it from Rickys claws, but the cat boy wouldn't let go.

The two kept pulling at the mouse, Ricky letting out a hiss at Devin before Devin finally managed to pull the mouse away from his claws. Ricky growled and clawed at Devin's face making the singer stand back as he dropped the mouse. He held his cheek that was already bleeding, the two girls going over to help him.

Immediately, Ricky shook his head, rubbing his eyes and he looked up at us. His eyes were back to normal now.

"W-what happened? O-oh my gosh. Devin! I'm so sorry I didn't.." Ricky shook his head looking down at his long nails making them go back into his nail beds. I went over to my Rick wrapping an arm around him to comfort him.

"It's okay Ricky. It's just a scratch and it wasn't your fault. I'm assuming you've never had catnip before?" Devin chuckled slightly as Ash used a tissue to wipe the blood from his face. Ricky shook his head as he looked up at each of us. I held into him looking down at the mouse wondering where in the world it could have came from.

"Wait, what if it was Rob's circus?" Dani spoke out. Ash nodded in agreement.

"It's possible, but we can't be too sure. And we can't just jump to conclusions. I'll have to investigate when we go there tonight. Ash, I think it's best you stay here with Ricky. I'll ask if we can take Kuza instead." Ash didn't complain and nodded before her, Devin and Dani walked out of our trailer shutting the door behind them.

I turned back to Ricky who just had his head resting against my chest. I pulled him into my lap, his tail curling around himself.

"That was weird...I blanked out for a while, I didn't even realize I had scratched Devin until after..." his eyes were drawn back down to the black mouse, and he curled up closer to me hiding his face in my chest. I heard him sniffle softly and I couldn't do anything else but hold him close.

"It's okay Rick. It wasn't your fault. We'll get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, while I'm gone just stay with the others and away from our trailer okay?" He nodded and I kissed the top of his head as I rocked him back and forth.

This was crazy, all that has been going on lately. It can't be for competition, this was something more then that. Manson and Rob do seem like they have history and it made me think that maybe that's why this was happening. But I couldn't be too sure. If only I knew what happened between those two...
.
.
.
.
~later that day~

"Alright everybody, we'll be back as soon as everything is settled. Ash, you stay behind and Kuza come with us."

Manson ordered, all of us gathered around the fire pit. It was almost 9pm and Rob's show would be starting soon. I had my arms wrapped around Ricky as I was sitting on one of the logs, the little kitten laying his ears flat against his head.

"Ryan, as much as we would love to have you accompany us, I cannot risk you getting into another quarrel with Kaz or Hyde. So I'm leaving you in charge of the camp." Ryan had his arms folded across his chest and as much as he seemed bothered by it, he simply nodded in agreement. Manson then lead me, Kuza, Balz and Francesca towards the van but not before I gave Ricky a final kiss on his forehead. Kuza did the same with Mike who seemed worried, like he didn't want Kuza to go.

We packed ourselves in the van, Manson behind the wheel while the rest of us sat in the back. Kuza sat next to me pulling his phone out along with his headphones. He held one of the buds up to me and I gladly took it, relaxing a bit as the music played. The drive wasn't too long and before I knew it we had already stopped. The parking lot was already packed and it took Manson a while to find a parking space. After we finally parked, we all climbed out and I gazed up at the large tent seeing a long line already forming out front.

I stood behind the others, Manson up front with Francesca by his side. We got a few stares from some people, most of them being at me. I mean I am like a thousand feet tall, of course people are gonna stare. A few girls were giggling and some guys gave us looks of disgust. One guy even flipped Kuza off but he ignored them. When we were finally at the front, we were greeted by the same blonde woman from before, Maria I guess.

She was wearing a hot pink leather dress that hugged all of her curves, black fishnets with black heels and a diamond tiara sat on her head. She smiled up at us with her bright red lips and held her hand out for Manson to shake which he did.

"Welcome back. Just five?" She asked as she pulled out her roll of tickets. Manson nodded and she handed us our tickets as we entered one by one. I was last and she held my ticket up but when I grabbed it she held onto it. I kept trying to pull it from her hands and she let out a giggle before finally letting go.

"No kitty tonight? That's a shame " She pouted and I quickly walked inside catching up with the others. We found seats towards the back and we all sat down squeezing in with the crowd. I sat between Kuza and some young guy who looked a bit worried.

He had longish dark brown hair, deep brown eyes and fair skin. His arms were littered with tattoos and I could see a few poking from underneath the collar of his shirt. He kept biting at his nails and I could see his eyes flickering over at me every once in a while. He seemed paranoid or something.

"Uh, is it your first time?" I asked quietly. The guy looked over at me and nodded.

"W-well, no I mean I've been to a freak show before. Just never been to this one." He had a thick accent. I couldn't put my finger on what accent.

"Really? What others have you been to."

"Yours I'm sure. I've seen you and those guys before. You're Chris Motionless." I looked over at him. So he knew us, he knew me. I smiled politely and nodded.

"Yeah, good to know somebody remembers us." I mumbled the last part. The guy chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Who wouldn't. The first real freak show in America? I had to check it out. I went to a couple shows when you guys came through Los Angeles."

"That's nice, glad to hear that." I smiled.

"I'm Denis. Nice to meet you." He held his hand out which I gladly shook.

"Nice to meet you too. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking."

"Well I was born and raised in Ukraine. I came to the state's to stay with a friend when I was 17 years old. It wasn't easy but it was worth it." He smiled. Before I could say anything, the lights dimed down and the crowd went silent as red fog rolled onto the stage and throughout the tent. The show was beginning.
.
.
.
.
.
~just a little filler chapter but I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! This is just the beginning (;