Chapter 58

A wide smile broke out on Cedric's handsome face, rushing towards Ophelia in pure joy as he wrapped his arms around her, picking her up. She laughed in delight as she wrapped her legs around his waist, pressing her forehead against his. She noticed that in the short time his hair had grown even longer, just like she liked it.

"Where's my hug?" Luca complained when the two still hadn't broken away from each other, now sitting with a smug smile on the side of the pool table, leaning against the pool stick in his hand.

Giving Cedric a small peck, she jumped down from his arms and walked towards Luca. "Come here, you big baby." Ophelia joked, pulling him into a large bear hug.

The three settled on the large couch in front of the projector screen, Ophelia in between Cedric's arms as he played with her hair while Luca sat across them.

"I missed you," Cedric murmured into her hair as Luca ranted about his annoying cousins over break.

"So did I," Ophelia smiled back, tracing circles on his thigh. It wasn't that late, so the three decided to watch an episode of Star Wars in the basement. Luca had passed out on the very comfortable couch, and every time they poked him they were greeted by hums and a swatting hand.

"He'll be fine," Ophelia laughed as she threw a blanket over him. "The twins are arriving tomorrow, so we've probably got a pretty long day ahead."

"Yeah," Cedric agreed, picking up his trunk. "So where's my room?"

Ophelia turned around to look at him, a playful smile playing on her lips. "Who says you'll get your own bedroom?" she hinted. "Unless you don't want to sleep with me..."

Cedric straightened up. "Never mind what I said—I meant, where's our room?"

She chuckle as she closed the door behind them, going up two stories to the top floor. The room she always stayed in was the corner room at the end, with a balcony and an amazing view. The cabin itself had a very homey, wood feel, one with the forest outside.

"I'm going to take a shower," Ophelia called from the bathroom. "You can unpack—feel free to use any of the closet space."

"You know," An idea forming after she wrapped her towel around herself. She pushed open the sliding doors, her hair wild as she peeked out slightly. "Your always welcome to join," she teased, making sure to leave a slit in the door.

She heard his trunk slam close, and in a few seconds Cedric had slipped past the sliding door, looking positively hot and irresistible in nothing but his sweats and a mop of messy hair.

⟠ ⟠ ⟠

"Shit, what time is it?" Ophelia shot up from the bed, shielding her sensitive eyes from a small ray of sunlight shining through the trees. She was surprised that the jetlag wasn't that bad as it was already seven in the morning—probably because they were both exhausted from last night. She got ready as quiet as she could, throwing on leggings and a warm oversized fleece jacket.

"Ced," She shook him awake, his tousled hair sprawled across his eyes as he slowly blinked his eyes open. Waking up to him was a sight for sore eyes, his chest and arm muscles rippling as he reached up to push his hair out of his eyes, resting them behind his pillow.

"Hmm?"

"The twins are arriving any minute now," Ophelia said softly. "You can stay in bed if you want, but I've got to go pick them up from the floo station—Merlin knows I can't trust them to find an uber."

"That's probably a smart idea," Cedric laughed, his voice deep and scratchy since he just woke up. "I'll better wash up and check on Luca."

"Alright," Ophelia smiled. She grabbed the car keys from the bedside table, pecking him on his forehead to say goodbye.