Chapter 33

Ophelia, Harry and Hermione were currently running down the staircases and corridors, trying to make it back to the Hospital Wing, in which Dumbledore was going to lock up in around four minutes.

There was a cackling ahead.

"Peeves!" Harry muttered, and the three of them duck into a deserted classroom right when Peeves swept by, laughing his head off in the corridor.

"Three minutes!" Hermione exclaimed, checking her watch. After Peeves disappeared into another corridor, they sprinted out of the classroom as fast as they could.

"Hermione—what'll happen—if we don't get back inside before Dumbledore locks the door?" panted Harry.

"I don't want to think about it!" Hermione moaned. "One minute!" 

Ophelia slowed to a stop, keeping her breathing under control as they heard Dumbledore. Creeping slowly down the corridor to the entrance of the hospital wing, the door opened and they could see Dumbledore's back.

"I'm going to lock you in,"

With his wand, Dumbledore took out his wand to magically lock the door, and the trio panted before him, panic on their faces.

"Well?" 

"We did it!" Harry said, out of breath.

"Sirius has gone, on Buckbeak..." Hermione added, earning a smile from Dumbledore.

"Well done. I think—yes, you've gone too—get inside, I'll lock you in—" 

They slipped past Dumbledore and into the hospital wing, and noticed that Ron was still lying unconscious on the bed. They returned to their respective beds, tucking themselves under the sheets.

"Did I hear the headmaster leaving?" came Madam Promfrey's voice, Ophelia wincing a bit at her moody tone. "Am I allowed to look after my patients now?"

Ophelia decided to eat a piece chocolate, seeing as Madam Promfrey wasn't going to let them off without seeing them finish a whole bar. 

"What was that?" Madam Pomfrey said alarmingly. There was a roar of fury in the distance, and Ophelia sighed to herself in both relief and amusement.

"Really—they'll wake everybody up! What do they think they're doing?"

"He must have Disapparated, Severus. We should have left somebody in the room with him.When this gets out —"

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" it was Snape. Ophelia did not want to deal with his nasally voice right now, so she stuck two fingers in her ear, humming a tune. "YOU CAN'TAPPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS — HAS — SOMETHING —TO — DO — WITH — POTTER!"

Unfortunately, Snape was full on yelling, and two fingers blocking her ears didn't help much.

 "Severus — be reasonable — Harry has been locked up —" The hospital wing door burst open for the millionth time today. Fudge and Snape looked absolutely furious, and Dumbledore looked as if he just wanted a tub of popcorn to sit back and enjoy.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

 "Professor Snape!" Madam Pomfrey shrieked. "Control yourself!" 

Yeah, control yourself, Professor.

"Snape, be reasonable," said Fudge. "This door's been locked—" 

"THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!" Snape roared, pointing at Harry and Hermione and Ophelia. 

Ew, Ophelia scrunched up her nose when she saw spit fly out of his mouth at them.

"Calm down, man!" Fudge barked. "You're talking nonsense!"