Chapter 50

December came faster than usual, and the snow that covered Hogwarts reminded Ophelia of the cold weather in Ilvermorny. The head of their houses had announced that there would be a Yule Ball on Christmas day, and her parents had informed her that they had known way before, thus the reason she had told her to pack a gown she liked—which she didn't do, and now regretted very much.

Although the Yule Ball was just in a few days, Cedric had not yet to ask her, and even though it was pretty much implied, she would at least like a somewhat romantic-but-not-too-romantic-that-it-was-cheesy ask. Hell, if it really came down to it, she wouldn't care if it was over a call or just in class. And because a lot of girls in her grade already had dresses, Harry had kindly(she might have blackmailed him with Cho Chang's name) agreed to accompany her to Hogsmeade to help her pick out a dress.

"Sorry," Harry huffed as he climbed on the last carriage to Hogsmeade. "Hermione made kept us back for S.P.E.W."

"Stew?"

"No," Harry snorted, throwing a coat over his robes. "S.P.E.W. surprised you haven't heard of it, really. Did she not give you a badge or try to get you to join in?"

Ophelia shrugged. "I probably wasn't paying much attention—what is it?"

"A club for house elf rights," Harry scrunched up his nose. "She's trying to free the house elfs, for Merlin's sake."

"What?" Ophelia shot up. "Hell no, I'm not letting her do that—they're perfectly happy here at Hogwarts, plus, who's going to make all our food, her?"

"That's what Ron and I said," Harry shrugged nonchalantly. "But you know Hermione..."

Ophelia chuckled, thinking of the strong willed bushy haired witch. "So," she started mischievously, clasping her hands together. "Have you asked Cho Chang yet?"

"Wha—?" Harry spluttered, sighing at her "really, this again" look. "No."

"Why not?" Ophelia sighed in disappointment. "Where's that Gryffindor spirit of yours?"

"I thought you didn't like her because she liked Cedric. Cedric, your boyfriend, not me, by the way."

"Stop being a depressing teenager," Ophelia tutted. "And for your information, Cho and I are now pretty good friends—She came up to me a few days ago and apologized for being insensitive about her schoolgirl crush or something, then I told her that I understand—Cedric's a pretty great guy, then she actually helped me with class even though I'm in a grade above, you know Ravenclaws—"

"You're friends?" Harry said eagerly. "Could you ask her for me?"

Harry was expecting a yes, not a whack on the back of his head. "What?"

"Boys," Ophelia shook her head. "You're lucky we've arrived, or else I would've given you a lecture on how to treat girls like they want to be treated."

They stopped by honeydukes first to buy some sweets since Harry was complaining that if he had to go through dress shopping with her, he would needs some sweets to survive. There was only one clothing shop in Hogsmeade, so that was their next stop.

"Why can't you just design your own dress?" Harry asked, sucking on an acid pop.

Ophelia shrugged. "I'll probably buy a dress that is in style I like and then alter it or something."

"Do you need some help, dear?" a middle aged woman with her silvery hair put up in a tight bun approached her kindly.

"Yeah, actually," Ophelia said, looking around the shop. "I need a gown for a winter ball, please."