Chapter 27

Ophelia yawned, stretching her legs by the fireplace as she put down her book. She looked around the common room, noticing that other than herself, the only people left in the common room were a few seventh years she didn't know and the three third years—Ron, Hermione and Harry Potter himself.

The Golden Trio—was what Luca called them. After a few minutes, Hermione and Ron disappeared to their respective dormitories, leaving Harry alone in a the corner of common room. Even though Ophelia had no idea if he wanted any company, she decided to go over to talk to him since she hasn't gotten the chance to fully have a conversation with the third year and—why not.

"Your firebolt's insane," was the first thing  that came to Ophelia's mind when she approached him. "How fast does it go?" 

Harry looked up from the piece of parchment he was scribbling on, confused as to why the American girl was talking to him. "Oh—yeah, it's bloody amazing. I honestly have no idea how fast it can go. I just wish I knew who sent it to me so that I could thank them."

Ophelia sat down in the chair next to him. "Wow," she breathed. "Real lucky, to get a broom like that."

Harry only nodded in response. Ophelia studied the boy—he looked like he needed a bit of a spirit lifting.

"I came to talk to you because you look really sad." Ophelia admitted.

Harry stared at her through his glasses, not used to getting such a blunt remark, especially from someone he didn't know well.

Ophelia played with her fingers, realizing what she had just said. "I didn't mean it like that! I just thought that maybe you would want someone new to talk about whatever's on your mind."

"You're Ophelia, right?" Harry asked, pushing his messy black hair out of his face so that he could see her clearly. "You're dating Diggory?"

Ophelia blushed, nodding her head. 

Harry shifted his chair so that he was facing her. Ophelia felt like someone fresh he could talk to, and she was friends with Luca, who was pretty cool, and dating Diggory, so she must be trustworthy.

"I'm being hunted by a mass murderer."

If Ophelia was taken back about how blunt he was being, she didn't show it. "Oh." she stuttered, twirling her hair in her fingers. "I'm not sure what to say to that."

"That's alright...I'd rather you have nothing to say than Ron and Hermione." Harry laughed. "I know they're just looking out for me, but it just gets annoying sometimes when they constantly ask me how I'm feeling or like they have to be around me all the time."

"If you want space, you should just let tell them, I'm sure they'll understand." 

"He's my godfather," Harry blurted out. "Sirius Black."

Ophelia's mouth formed an O. 

"Yeah," Harry sighed. "He betrayed my parents—practically led Voldemort to him."

"He could've been a father to you..."

"If he wasn't locked up in Azkaban and trying to kill me, yeah."

Ophelia and Harry sat together in silence for a while, neither of them saying a word. Ophelia felt for the third year boy. From what Luca and Cedric have told her, he's been through a lot—and a thirteen year old boy shouldn't have to.

"I don't understand what's going on in your head—and honestly, I don't think anyone does...not even Hermione and Ron." Ophelia said softly. "And if you need anyone to talk to about your problems that listens, I'll be here." 

Harry smiled at the older girl, thankful that someone was actually listening to him rather than telling him what to do or what to feel all the time. "Thanks Ophelia, you're real nice."

Ophelia smiled back, standing up from the chair. "I'm going to go to bed now, and so should you." she patted Harry on the head. "The more you sleep, the taller you grow!"

Conversation with: Cedric

OPHELIA
harry potter
is the cutest

CED🥰
is it weird that
im jealous of a thirteen year old?

OPHELIA
just a little bit
but like
i just want to hug him all the time

CED🥰
not making me feel better

OPHELIA
buuttt I want kiss you all the time

CED🥰
that's better

OPHELIA
aw
like
he gives off mega little brother vibes

CED🥰
I've only talked to him a few times
about quidditch
but he seems nice
sometimes fidgety and a definite magnet for trouble

OPHELIA
he's definitely been through a lot more
than us when we were third years

CED🥰
can't argue with that
why the random conversation about him?

OPHELIA
i just talked to him in the common room
he kind of spilled his feelings to me

CED🥰
huh
interesting

OPHELIA
yeah
poor kid

CED🥰
im curious
but it's his own business so I wont pry

OPHELIA
this is why i like u
always a moral person

CED🥰
it's the hufflepuff in me!

OPHELIA
up to call until we fall asleep?

CED🥰
sure
as long as you don't start singing

OPHELIA
what's wrong with my singing?

CED🥰
I can't exactly fall asleep to taylor swift songs

OPHELIA
not even the sad ones?

CED🥰
sad songs make me cry, not sleep

OPHELIA
mm
true that
pick up stupid