Chapter 56

Ophelia threw her book bag next to Cedric and Luca under the tree next to the black lake, yawning and stretching dramatically before settling in between Cedric's legs. It was the end of a longer than usual day, with the whole fiasco with the Witch Weekly article about Hermione, Harry and Krum. She had just finished comforting Hermione in the common room, and thanked Merlin that her name was only mentioned briefly as Cedric's girlfriend. 

She leaned back against Cedric's chest, the smell of her shampoo suddenly obvious to Cedric, who had put down his book to play with her hair. Ophelia sighed in relaxation and delight as he weaved his hand through her silk curls, massaging her scalp and pulling his hand through every few seconds to get rid of any knots she had. 

"How was your day, love?" Cedric hummed.

"Potions was stressful," Ophelia responded. "But you know what I just realized?"

"Can't read your mind now, can we? " Luca responded sarcastically from next to them, looking up from his book.

"It's almost Spring Break!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Easter Holidays...whatever you lot call it."

"Merlin, I didn't even realize," Luca pondered, checking the date on his phone. "Just two weeks left."

"I was thinking about what we should do—technically, we've only got one more official spring break after this year, since we'll be out in the real world pretty soon..." 

"Could go somewhere exotic again," Cedric laughed. "Not sure if anything could beat Greece though."

"Mmm," Ophelia murmured, sitting up to play with the grass on the ground. "Honestly...this year's been really fucking hectic, so I was thinking maybe you guys can come over to my vacation house in America for the last week of break...I could invite the twins too...that would be really fun..."

Seeing as Ophelia had sat up during her rambling, Cedric wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her back towards his chest. "I've never been to America, but I'll owl my parents as soon as possible."

"I'm down," Luca shrugged. "Where is it?"

"Lake Tahoe," Ophelia replied. "I'm not sure why we have a cabin all the way across the country, but it's the family cabin and I love the West Coast, so I'm definitely not complaining."

"Sounds good, now shut up and do your cute couple shit so I can finish this book for transfiguration."

⟠ ⟠ ⟠

"Fee!" It was Harry, who was bouncing over to her excitedly. It was Saturday and although it was Hogsmeade today she wasn't planning on going, and instead decided to just relax by herself—Cedric had gone with his Hufflepuff friends and Luca with the twins and Lee. 

"Hey you," Ophelia greeted, stretching her arms out as she sat up on the couch. "What's up?"

"We're going to see Snuffles," he whispered excitedly, motioning to Hermione and Ron, who talking animatedly by the portrait. "Thought maybe you'd like to come, Merlin knows he would love some company."

"Snuffles?" Ophelia said, motioning to the empty map sticking out of his pocket. "As in..."

"Yes," Harry shushed her. "C'mon, the carriages are leaving soon."

With a grin, Ophelia rushed up to her room to throw on a hoodie, a jacket and a baseball hat before meeting the trio outside the portrait. 

"So he's been in hiding with Buckbeak this whole time?" Ophelia asked as they made themselves comfortable in the carriage. 

"Yup," Hermione responded, stuffing a flask of pumpkin juice for Sirius into Harry's bag. "Poor man, Sirius doesn't deserve any of this."

As they arrived at Hogsmeade, Harry and Hermione insisted on going to Gladrags Wizardwear to buy a thank you present for Dobby, and Ophelia and Ron had a lot of fun goofing around selecting the most lurid and absurd pair of socks they could find. They had found one patterned with flashing gold and silver stars, one that screamed loudly when they became too smelly, and one with a swirly rainbow pattern that Ophelia considered buying just so she could stare at it when she was high.