Summary (Part 2)

•••••

From day one I made sure to irritate her, to infuriate her,to burden her with my nasty and rude comments, actions and work so that she would leave company by herself, so that I didn't have to look her more, so that I could prove her wrong that she was not the big, great person with a huge heart who had courtesy to keep her words, her promises as she put the show.

•••••

In span of one month, Rheyan tested Ahana in many ways. He wanted her to leave company herself, just to prove her wrong. That she failed keeping her promise.

On contrary, unaware of Rheyan's tactics, Ahana would tackle each and every task thrown her way by her boss. She would always be cheerful and happy in her boss's eyes despite the problems she faced, like the one happened with Vivaan.

This calm and contented nature of hers irked Rheyan the most because it made him feel weak. It reminds him of his ex-girlfriend, Aisha, and the horrible past he shared with her. He knew he was stuck in past and seeing Ahana moving forward in her life smoothly made him envious of her.

•••••

Till today one thing I didn't understand was the reason behind his guilt. When Aarushi died, he changed too just like.... Aahi.

"Sometimes I wonder, what things would have been like if she was with us alive." He said, most likely wished. His whole demeanour was changed and all I could see was the Nikhil who was fighting on his own with his inner demons all vulnerable.

The Nikhil I knew had never cared for anyone. He was a carefree person. He had emotions and had always kept them on the bay. I had never seen him so attached with anyone before Aarushi's death, not even with Aahi. But after that incident everything changed.

•••••

Being business partner with Nikhil, Rheyan had always noticed changes in Nikhil that accompanied Aarushi's death. He understood that his best friend was disturbed, that there was something he was keeping inside him, hidden from others.

He wanted to reach out to Nikhil but every time he stopped. The childhood friendship equations had changed. They were business partners now and their personal lives were none of others business.

On the other hand, Nikhil also knew the battle his best friend was fighting. Even after willing, he couldn't help because his friend won't let him. Still, going out of the he advised Rheyan to spend some time with his family, maybe then he would get answers to the questions which he never knew even existed.

Following Nikhil's advice, Rheyan went to his parents house and indeed the result was fruitful. Somehow he felt his heart at relief, not too much but a bit. The meeting ignited a desire to try to reconnect with those people who claimed to be his family and that was the main step towards their reunion.

•••••

Aubrey had called me the very next day of our conversation. She said that the sender hadn't written his name but the instant she told me that the letters came in the name of Aahi, I knew it was he.

He was the one who had shortened my name to Aahi and in return I shortened his to Rhee.

I asked Aubrey to send letters to me as soon as possible. I couldn't wait to get a glimpse of old Rhee, a cheerful, hearty and flirt guy who was completely different from the present one.

•••••

Meanwhile, Ahana received the letters Rheyan had written to her during twelve years of separation. Through them she came across his past, the terrible part. She realised how emotionally wrecked Rheyan was and putting two and two together she knew what made him to become what he was the present day.

She blamed herself and felt guilty for not being there for her friend in time of need. She reasoned with herself that she herself was living on thin rope of life at that time where she could lose her will to live anytime. Though she promised herself that she would bring back the happiness Rheyan had lost in his life.

•••••

A maid led Kapoors to the main hall where all the preparations for the puja had done. The priest had arrived and was talking to Arpita about some custom and rituals to be performed during puja. Naveen and Nikhil were sitting on the cotton mattresses in front of Aarushi's photo frame. Naveen's eyes were fixed on his daughter while those of Nikhil were fixed down on the floor.

•••••

I

t was the day of Aarushi's death anniversary which again brought back the bitter memories. A small puja was held at Ahuja mansion for her but unlike every year, two more people were there to be part of puja. Rheyan and Ahana.

Everyone was surprised to see Rheyan but he was looking for one person, his Aahi. Unfortunately, he didn't meet her unaware of the fact that Arpita had asked her not to be a part of pious event.

Ahana visited Aashiyana, the orphanage, after being asked out by Arpita to not show her presence in mansion. She spent her time there and lost the track of time, not knowing that a big mess was awaiting for her at Kapoor Industries.