Chapter 6

~Ahana~

I was feeling fresh and live next morning. Nikhil told me that mamma would return by evening. Before leaving for office I called Swati and talked to her. I teased her a little. She was blushing profusely. I couldn't believe. Who had thought she would blush in her life ever.

'Love change everyone.'

I reached office at time in my new car. All my mood was spoilt by my so called boss when I stepped in his cabin. He looked more pissed than usual. As a result every employee thought it would be wise to stay away from him today. Unfortunately, I was stuck with him.

'Don't be nervous, Ahana. Take a deep breath.'

'But what happened to him in one night. If I remember he went to his hou...... Wait! Does something happened over there?'

I couldn't risk asking him. It would be better if I ask to uncle. For now I was stirring his coffee. Yes! He ordered me today too. This time I didn't argue knowing his pissed off mood. On the way to his cabin, I saw Dev uncle. He looked tensed and upset. Something had happened between both of them, yesterday. Everyone in the office was whispering curious to know what had happened. It made me worried. Previous, I assumed Rhee might have an argument. Seeing Dev uncle affected made me feel something was serious.

I knocked twice at the door. After a minute his reply came "come in". I went inside and placed the coffee on his right side. His mean self didn't bother to say a thank you.

"There is a meeting for discussion over coming projects in fifteen minutes with Dev uncle." I informed him.

His hand which was flipping pages a second ago stopped. "Cancel it. We will discuss it later." He said without looking up. I was about to turn when he spoke again. "Listen. First we will start from basics. You know how to manage accounts?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Good. Lets see then. Take these files and check if all the entries are correct." He slid a file to my side while saying but mistakenly his hand hit the hot coffee mug spilling all its contents over his left hand and floor.

He jolted up from his chair hissing in pain. I got panicked.

"Are you blind Rhee!? Can't you stay calm atleast once? So carelessness of you!" I ran to him while shouting and took his burnt hand in mine. I pulled my handkerchief from pocket and cleaned his hand whilst blowing air from my mouth at the burnt area simultaneously. I was cursing him in my mind when I realised he was not moving. I stopped too and looked up. He was staring at me with his deep brown eyes searching for something in mine.

"What did you just say?" He asked. His voice was mere a whisper enough for me to listen.

Oh shit!

My heartbeat became frantic. I avoided any eye contact with him but I could feel his gaze upon me. Fortunately his secretary, Shree, came inside probably hearing to my shouting.

"What happened sir? Is everything alright? I heard someone shou...." She trailed off when her eyes landed on something. I followed her gaze which stopped at our hands. I was still holding his hand. All of a sudden he jerked his hand making me stumble backward. I stepped over the spilled coffee on the floor and lost my balance. As a result I fell on the floor twisting my left foot.

"Aaahhhh.......!!!" I cried in pain.

Shree came to me hurriedly. Soon my eyes started burning with tears. I shut them close and squeezed tightly to prevent escape of any tear. I didn't want anyone to think that I was weak and couldn't bear some physical pain. Shree gave her hand helping me to stand up. I clutched it tightly for support and tried to get up.

"No...!!" I screamed denying any further movement as pain shoot through my foot. "I can't! It is hurting. Please do something else. It was sprained twice before." I told her.

"I'll go and get a doctor." She said and turned to Rhee, "Sir, can you please help her in standing up."

' Why the hell she is pleading to him? Isn't it his responsibility to help when it was he who pushed me.'

Shree went out to get a doctor. I squeezed my eyes again and bit my cheek hard from inside to distract myself from pain. Suddenly I felt myself lifted up in air. My eyes shot open. Rhee was carrying me in his arms walking towards couch. His right hand was below my knees and left arm was supporting my back. I placed my hand on his shoulder for support. He got tense under my touch. He was looking straight not at me. He leaned in to place me on the couch. His breath fanning against the side of my neck. Chills flow through my spine. He hissed in pain as his burnt hand rubbed with the back of couch. I immediately soaked the handkerchief, which was still in my hand, in the glass of water placed on the table. I took his hand in mine and cleaned his burnt area making sure it won't hurt much.

Shree came back in few minutes with a doctor beside her. I asked doctor to dress up Rhee's wound first as it shouldn't be left open for long. It might catch an infection. After dressing his hand doctor examined my foot. A loud cry escaped my mouth when he touched the main aching nerve. I told him that my foot was sprained before in these three days. Shree scolded me for not consulting a doctor at first. Doctor plastered my foot including a little part of leg with ankle and strictly ordered not to move unnecessarily or put any weight on it. After everything was done Shree escorted him out of the cabin.

"Troublemaker", Rhee muttered under his breath but much to his bad luck I heard it. Anger surged through me. How could be he so rude and mean.

"What did you say? Troublemaker? For your kind information it was you who pushed there like you are on a mission of damaging my foot." I snapped at him.

"Mission? Seriously!" He said cringing at my words.

"Seriously. It is because of you I sprained my foot thrice. You should be the one apologizing me. Instead you are calling me troublemaker"

"Thrice? Oh wow!! Why are you blaming me for something I haven't done? Why should I apologise to you?"

I was going to retort door of the cabin opened. Dev uncle came inside.

Oh shit!

I forgot to cancel the meeting. Now Rhee was definitely going to scold me. Uncle's eyes landed on my foot resting on the table. He came to me.

"Ahana! What happened to your foot? Are you fine?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine uncle. I just sprained my foot nothing much. Doctor had checked it up already. Don't you worry." I assured him. "Here Rhee.... Rheyan sir also get injured" I told him pointing toward Rhee's burnt hand.

He got more panicked. He hopped to his side, took his hand in his and started caressing it. Pain, worry, love and care all emotions were clearly seen in his eyes.

'After all he is his dad.'

Rhee stood up instantly. "We will start meeting in five minutes. Excuse me."

Uncle looked hurt. Of course he would when his son was behaving like a jerk. He soon masked his expressions.

"Ahana dear, you go back to home and take rest."

Before I could say anything, Rhee spoke up, "I think you have forgotten about my condition, dad. I will decide whether Miss Ahana will take a leave or not."

"You can see she is injured. Don't make her suffer because of your stupid condition."

"Miss Ahana, I want those files completed within two hours. You have wasted so much time." He ordered giving me same files completely ignoring his father's statement.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It took me more than two hours to cross check all the entries. I was glad that I didn't take a leave because that work somehow managed to distract me through pain. After lunch time, Shree came to me asking if I was fine or needed something. She was such a sweet girl. She was about same age as mine. She gave me an apologetic look handing three more files. I immediately understood Rhee had sent them for me to check. She informed me that she was going with him for a meeting outside the office. So, I had to complete my work till their arrival.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N : Sorry for a late update guys. This chapter is not edited. If you find any mistake please kindly ignore it for once (: