Chapter 33

A/N: I suggest the readers to read the last chapter before starting this one since I am updating after a long time.

~Rheyan

My inner walls squeezed inside me when I felt her slender fingers drowning themselves in the dense black forest of my hair on my head.

Slowly and smoothly they weaved their way inside through the silky, smooth strands of my hair. Her action was so simple yet painfully soothing, bringing me a sense of comfort which I hadn't felt in a long time.

The comfort that I felt, as she caressed my head, made me breathe hard. The sharp intake of breath that I took was proof of the above fact. The sound of the gasp caught her attention, making her movements freeze instantly at that moment in a shocking realization. I was up all the while.

Since my act was exposed, I decided to sit up and face her.
As I straightened myself in the chair, my drowsy eyes fell upon her statue form. 

She was standing frozen in her place with her eyes closed. Her fingers were lingering in my hair while her breath caught in her lungs. However, the necessity of air made her realize that she needed to breathe again. She slowly opened her eyes and her familiar hazel eyes made contact with my brown ones. Anxiety was written all over her face as she was anticipating my reaction to her action in slight fear.

Realizing that her hand still hung mid-air, she drew it back and they fell on her sides. She stood in her place, waiting for me to explode on her with anger. My conscience was telling me to do the same. Still, I could not bring myself to yell at her, scold her and tell her that what she did was wrong. I could not bring myself in any way to be mean to her because what I felt didn't feel wrong. The feeling was unfathomable to me, however, it wasn't the one that I would mind feeling all over again.

My conscience was nagging me at the back of my mind to react and that was it; I didn't know how to react.

She must have read my clueless and confused expressions that made her question about my well being. 

"Are you alright?" She asked. Her eyebrows furrowing as she squints her eyes a little to gauge my being.

I cleared my throat, pulling myself together to answer her.

"Yeah, I am absolutely fine."

My eyes fell on the files which were a new addition to my desk, meaning that she brought them here. Picking up one among them I shuffled through the many pages to ensure these were the same files I was looking for.

"Yeah, these are the right ones. Thank you for bringing them at this time, Ms. Ahana." I told her while referring to the files which lay on the desk.

My eyes assessed her face which seemed to be hiding a surprised expression, I wondered why.
I waited for her to take her leave, instead was taken aback when she offered to stay back and work.

"I think I can work for some time and take a break later on." She told me in a casual tone as if it wasn't a big deal.

It was unusual of her to offer to work at this hour. Something just out of her character and if I remember correctly it was her only who was so agitated that I had summoned her to the office this late.

Eyeing her expression I asked her if she was sure she want to stay and work.

"Are you sure? I don't want any excuses later on for your tardiness." I added sassily.

Her expressions transformed to one depicting annoyance towards my impudent behavior.

"I'm sure and since I have been woken at this hour by your grace, I won't be getting sleep sooner." She retorted mirroring my tone while a sarcastic smile graced her lips.