Chapter 18 (part 2)

Chilly breeze hit me swiftly when I stepped into garden after changing in my grey t-shirt and sweat pants. Crescent moon was peeking out of the clouds illuminating entire place with its light giving a soothing effect. Grass under my bare feet felt cool as I started walking, tickling against my soft skin. This walk was really necessary to digest food besides for peace of my mind given the fact how mom fed me today.

I still remember Arpita aunty advising us children, Nikhil, Aahi and me, to walk on grass barefoot because according to her it improves our vision. I didn't know how much effective the idea is but yes it felt so good when I walked over it that from then it became a habit of mine.

Nikhil never liked sands and muds, so Aahi would deliberately pull him in the most muddy area of garden along with me just to annoy him. After all we were kids at that time and annoying Nikhil for no reason was really fun.

Walking a little further across the bend, I stopped in the spot from where I was facing moon. The view of entire garden bathing in the moonlight was so enchanting as well as mesmerizing that I closed my eyes and spread my arms open. An act I always did for the serenity of this serene nature to embrace me and took me away from this chaotic world somewhere my soul would find peace. Atleast for a moment.

"Calming, isn't it?" A voice came from beside me.

"Hmm." I replied.

"I'm happy you came Rheyan." He said truthfully.

"I had said I will try, dad." I reminded him.

At that time all I could concentrate on was the cool breeze which was increasing its pace gradually with each passing second as if it was in a hurry to reach somewhere else in time where someone was waiting for it eagerly to blew off a blazing fire which had a certain ability of destroying anything that would come in its path which might mean everything to someone.

I sighed.

Today someone else needed its calm and consoling nature more than me.

So I let it go. I wished it would reach its destination in time before any harm or damage could be done and someone else's life would get destroy.

My arms retreated their way back to my sides and I shoved my hands in pockets then slowly opened eyes and turned to right to face dad who was staring at me intently.

"I ruined your life?" He stated but it sounded more like a question and I could see hope in his eyes that maybe what he said was not true.

"No" I replied then added, "Just a part of life."

The hope in his eyes was instantly replaced by regret.

"Will you ever forgive me?" He asked.

"Isn't it what I am trying to do?" I asked.

He thought for a second then nodded.

"Always remember son your parents never intended to push you away from them." He added grimly.

I didn't say anything in reply.

"We should sleep. Lets get inside." He said taking my silence as a cue to end conversation.

I nodded and walked inside the mansion with him walking beside me.

He went to his room murmuring 'good night' while I went up the staircase which led me to my room on the first floor.

I was passing by a room when a hushed voice reached my ears which I guessed belong to my sister, Eva. Moving forward towards the windows which opened in hallway I peeked inside cautiously and found her speaking in low voice to someone on phone.