Summary (Part 3)

Reaching Kapoor Industries Ahana got another hit of her day. The meeting with bank officials regarding London project was preponded. The finance reports required for it were with her due to which Rheyan couldn't make it to the meeting.
He had let out his anger at her for being irresponsible and mocked her saying that she knew to make only fake promises just like others.

Guilt had overwhelmed Ahana. She harmed herself physically by cutting her hand with glass shreds scattered on floor in Rheyan's office. The sight left him bewildered. He couldn't believe what he saw. Was he misinterpreting things? Or was there something more than reaching his eyes?

•••••

Walking to her he took her hand in his. Ahana didn't know what was happening. She was in her own daze. She just knew she was no more feeling any ache in her heart. It was numb. Physical pain was nothing she couldn't endure. In fact she was ready to endure more of it if it was the only way to numb the ache she felt in her heart.

Rheyan looked in her eyes and carefully picked out the glass shreds out of her hand not breaking their eye contact. Her body movements showed her physical pain but her eyes showed a different kind of pain unfathomable to him.

He was seeing his Aisha in her. The girl he had loved once.

•••••

Later, in the same evening when Nikhil was tending Ahana, she came across the news that Nikhil was dating Vivaan's sister, Neha. Despite of all the odds in her life, she played cool. After the whole drama in Rheyan's office and her cowardly act, she avoided Rheyan at all costs. She didn't have the courage to encounter him.

Four days flew away just like this with Ahana avoiding Rheyan. On the fifth day, Rheyan received a parcel in which he found three tubs of ice cream from Tom icecream parlour. Seeing the parcel his hopes of meeting his childhood friend Ahana rose up. Bubbles of excitement started bursting inside his chest. But that was a moment of short happiness because when he read the message from his employee, his hopes shattered into million pieces.

•••••

He opened her message wondering why she bothered now to talk after avoiding him.

Sorry for being so irresponsible toward my work. I really feel guilty.
And
Thank you for taking me to the hospital.

I hope the sweetness of icecream would help us to erase those bitter memories we gave to each other.

~A

Reading her message his all hopes crashed into million pieces. It wasn't his Ahana, his friend. It was that Ahana Sharma, his so called employee.

•••••

What followed after the small act of Ahana was totally unpredictable. She was upon by Rheyan in conference room on the top floor of the building where she shared an intense moment with him and something inside of her stirred. Being close to her friend, who hates her, in a way she never thought of him about was unacceptable for her. Though,at the end she managed to steer herself out of the moment, out of Rheyan's hold.

The next day, Rheyan got the news that his secretary had resigned from her job. Due to this, Dev ordered Ahana to be Rheyan's secretary and assistant in project for the day.

The reason being that Nikhil was going to be appointed as the new C.E.O. of the company on same day, Rheyan, after conducting a meeting regarding their coming new project left for Ahuja Group of Companies with his secretary of the day, Ahana.

•••••

I had no comfort issues while working around him or with him in the same room. There's a sense of casualty in my actions, in my movements, in my body posture with no trace of awkwardness around him even when we argue or fight because there's a natural bond of trust I had built with him before even I joined company. Though it wasn't mutual.

Here in this elevator with minimum space between us and standing with him alone, after what he did last night, the level of awkwardness would have been increased by thousand folds if it was not Nikhil's P.A. who awarded us with her gracious presence preventing any odd moments to happen.

•••••

Hello my dear readers 👋!!

How have you all been doing? I hope for good.

So here's the last part of the summary as I promised to you all. From now on new chapters will be updated (but yeah not often).

I have tried to give you major portion of book through summary on my account but still I want to request you all to the last updated chapter of the book for the reattachment with story as well as Rheana ❤️.

News: The new chapter will be updated on 12/02/21. 😊😄

Till then
Keep counting
&
Stay tuned

~Francy
(Rheana loves❤️ y'all!!)