Chapter 25

~Rheyan~

The ringtone of my phone reached my ears again showing caller ID of my butler, Kwan. Being it his fifth call I picked it up while not taking my eyes off the blinds in my office which showed me outside view of the employee section.

Bringing the device to my I spoke, "Kwan I am not coming tonight. Don't disturb me again." I answered his question before he could ask.

I heard him sighing on the other end of line but nonetheless he said nothing and hung up the call. Till now he had also understood that there would be no outcome of arguing with me to come home.

I knew he was worrying about me yet I could not do anything to relieve his stress. Not only for him but for all the people who worry for me. My past was holding so much tight onto me that I felt I would choke on it one day. I wanted to get out of it. Desparately. I needed someone who would help me to come out of it.

Someone who will not break my trust.

It was half past seven in the evening which meant office hours were over half an hour ago. Most of the employees had left while remaining were packing up to go. My eyes were trained on only one employee who was changing her bandage of left hand which was soaked in blood due to opening of her wound.

Despite how much I disliked this girl, I hate to admit that I was the reason behind her pain. If it was old self of mine he would have never hurt someone for his selfish motives. I was so blinded with want of truth that I didn't care if I was hurting her. I knew only one thing that she was equally hurting me, knowingly or unknowingly by bringing up my past memories to me whether they were happy or painful. She never failed to bring them up since the time I was introduced to her, since the time I was urging to know about the mystery behind her.

She was struggling to wrap the bandage on her hand and no one bothered to help her. Shree had also left for her home otherwise she would have helped her atleast. As far as I was aware about her socializing skills, besides Shree she had made no friends with other employees due to her introverted nature. But whenever she talked to me, actually argued with me I never felt she was an introvert. She spoke so freely like she had known me for ages and that gave more strength to my suspicions.

Why are you being so difficult to me Ahana?

Why?

Keeping the paperweight on the desk, I was playing with, I stood up from my chair making my way out of the office toward her.

She didn't notice my presence behind her. Thus, I forwarded my hand to her while coming to stand beside her. Turning around when she saw me, she got startled with her eyes slightly widening in surprise. I could feel her breath quickened due to heaving of her chest. She composed herself and turned back to her former position ignoring me while trying to not get affected by me.

It seemed like my presence was affecting her very much that she fumbled with bandage more than before. I moved forward and gently tugged it from her hand. She didn't protest either.

Taking her wounded hand in mine carefully I took a look at it.

Wounds were more deeper than they appeared to be. Just like the inner ones. Few days were not enough for them to be healed. They needed their time to be relieved from the pain which had been induced to them.

Grabbing some cotton from first aid box I wiped the blood off her wounds which she hadn't done properly. She stared at me, intently, standing still in her position letting me do my work in silence. After applying some antiseptic cream on her wound I started wrapping bandage over her hand.
And again the scene of her hurting herself flashed before my eyes.