Chapter 4

~Rheyan~

My head was throbbing with pain. I opened my eyes and groaned as the bright sunlight entered. I shut them quickly giving time to adjust accordingly. The door of room clicked open. Kwan, my butler, came in.

"You are awake." He commented.

"How I reached here?" I asked.

All I could remember from previous night was getting drunk and driving. Nevertheless someone supporting my weight splashing water over me. There was a feeling of déjà vu. Like I had some kind of connection with that person but what??

"One of your friend found you in middle of the road. She gave me address and I picked you up." Kwan replied.

"She? My friend? Are you kidding me, Kwan?" I scoffed.

First of all I had no friends for now or if I did there was only one girl who was my friend, Ahana. She was in London since I went to States. She never contacted me. She had broken her promise. There was no chance she helped me previous night.

"She said she was your friend. She knew Dev sir too. So, I thought she might be an old friend I don't know about." Kwan spoke. I nodded.

'I will think about it later. Now my head..Agghh!!!!'

"I'm feeling like someone is hammering my head continuously. Can you please give me a pill." I said truthfully.

As soon as those words left my mouth he was standing with a glass of water and a pill in his hands. That's what I liked about him. He knew me very well. I took the pill. He gave me the usual soup for headache.

"Dev sir and Nalini mam were asking for you. I haven't told them that you were drunk." He spoke.

"Thank you. I will talk to them." I told him.

I looked at watch. It showed half past nine. Oh shit!! I was late. I fastened my moves and got ready within half an hour. I had never been irresponsible towards my work. This was first time I was late.

I skipped breakfast and left for office. My secretary briefed up my schedule for today. As I reached, I was informed that dad wanted to meet me. So, first I went straight to his cabin instead of mine. As I entered I was greeted by same provoking, annoying girl who dared to use my private elevator yesterday. I never liked anyone invading in my privacy.

'I know dad lied to save her.'

She was stunned to see me. I glared at her.

"Hey! Rheyan. Come my son. I want to introduce you to someone." Dad gestured me to sit. I took a seat in front of him beside her.

" I had already met her, dad. You know that very well." I said darkly giving away no emotion.

"You haven't listened properly, Rheyan. I said that I want to introduce you." He said in his business tone.

I stared at her. Why he wanted to introduce me to her.

" Meet Ahana...." He started. At the same time my phone started ringing. I looked at her in surprise.

'Ahana...my friend.'

'She is not your friend, Rheyan. She was not there when you needed her the most.'

'But...'

My phone was ringing. I looked at the flashing name. It was Nikhil.

"I have to take this call. Excuse me." I excused myself and came out of the cabin.