Chapter 14

Not proof read

~Ahana~

For the first time till the day I had joined company, work seemed to be more interesting than anything else. Well, why wouldn't it be when you immensely wanted to distract your mind from something that was bothering you continuously. The work, for which I was whining in the morning, cursing Rhee for being so cruel and ordering me to complete whole work of a week in one single day was on the verge of completion. What amazed me most was it was me who did it. I never knew that I was capable of doing it. Now I was wondering how many more things were there that I was capable of doing but was oblivious to them. A small amusing smile twitched on my lips on this thought. Well, I would like to hunt for those things but sometime later.

Presently, I was working on the last file among the other seven for fifteen minutes and was hoping it wouldn't take much long because my back was aching slightly by sitting in the same position for almost three hours. I agree that work helped me to keep my mind occupied whole time after the incident but it didn't mean that I would sink myself in it only to escape my problems. Moreover, I myself should take care of my health, not expect others to do so.

"Ahana you should leave now. Office hours are already over." Shree said leaning against my desk.

"I will. Give me few minutes. I am almost done." I said giving her brief glance. "By the way what are you doing here? I think office hours are over for you too." I asked her only to make a small talk as her posture said she was here for something.

"I'm Rheyan sir's secretary, Ahana. I have things to do for him." She said suggestively.

I didn't understand what she was trying to say but it gave me bad feeling so I chose to ignore her and resumed my work.

"Would you mind if I ask you something?" She spoke after a minute.
I think I knew what that 'something' was. Probably, the reason she was talking to me was it.

"Yes, if it is personal and no if it is not." I answered.

She thought for a second maybe contemplating whether to ask or not.

"Is there something going between you and Rheyan sir?" She enquired gazing at my each and every expression.

I looked at her in disbelief. From where did she get this kind of thoughts in her mind.

"Why will you ask that?" I questioned her.

She only shrugged in response but her face showed some hints of blush.

"Don't tell me you have a secret crush on him." I said while suppressing my laughter but couldn't help the smile on my lips.

She became all flustered at my sudden discovery. Maybe she wasn't expecting me to say that.

"How do you know it?" She asked meekily.

"That doesn't matter, Shree. Coming back to your question it was personal. You shouldn't have asked but considering your remark 'things to do for him' I guess you were feeling insecure and jealous-" I paused and looked at her to confirm my guess. She nodded then I continued, "Don't be. There is nothing between us and I don't understand why will you even assume that."

"Sorry. I just wanted to ask." She said apologetically.

"It's okay. Now let me complete my work, please." I said.

"Sure but be quick. Sir had asked me to tell you to leave. He is also leaving in few minutes." She said. I eyed her for a second now understanding why she had asked that silly question. Probably she had thought he was worried about me.