Chapter 34

~Author's P.O.V.

Ahana drove back home while her mind kept drifting to her conversation with Rhee and his different behaviour. She almost lost herself in front of him by letting the anxiety get to her.

I want to know you Ms. Ahana.

The words rang in her ears again that had pushed her to the edge earlier, to the point where she started to struggle with breathing. To him those were mere words to get his way with her but he wasn't aware that they held the ability to dishevel her emotionally. After all in her entire life time nobody really tried to know her; what she thought, how she felt, what she wanted, what she believed in or what she cared about and loved.

Ahana shuddered at the thought of Rhee coming across her truth, her past that she dreaded so much. She wasn't ready to tell him about the accusations she had been subjected to after he left the country many years ago. 

After reading all the letters he had sent her she could not reveal to him that she was that friend whom he had been longing for back in those years. All she knew was that she was making peace with his mean behaviour which was better than his hatred that she could not bear. His cold behaviour towards his family depicted enough amount of pain he had endured and was enduring due to the past he suffered from. She couldn't imagine how betrayed he would feel upon hearing the truth and she wasn't prepared to see the look of betrayal in his eyes.

The sun was peeking up at the horizon and its rays shone through the sky illuminating the world with its glow. Ahana looked at her mobile which displayed the notification that she had received last night.  The message said that her order was ready for pick up and she could come anytime to take it from the store. A smile graced her lips at the information. The order consisted of the gifts she had chosen for Nikhil, Naveen, and Arpita for their special day. 

Feeling her mood uplifted at the thought of celebrating Nikhil's birthday and his success along with her parents' marriage anniversary with them after many years, Ahana drove towards the store to pick up the parcel since the outlets of the store remained open 24*7. In fifteen minutes she reached the store where the on-duty staff greeted her. After she gave them the details, one of them went upstairs to bring her order and she could not seem to contain her happiness. It was written all over her face.

In the meantime, the other staff started showing her some new designs which had been added to their collection recently.  She did not realise a new customer was entering the store until she heard the person's voice.

"Miss Ahana?" Rheyan called her name in a questioning tone, surprised to run into her in the store.

Ahana looked up from the piece of jewel in her hands to see the person who addressed her and was taken aback to see Rheyan standing in front of her. Her face mirrored the same expressions as Rheyan, that was surprise. In her mind, she face-palmed herself for falling prey to such a coincidence while on outside, she smiled at him acknowledging his presence to be pleasant.

 "Sir, what a pleasant surprise." She said forcing herself to look convincing with her expression.

She could see the gears turning in his head as his eyes moved around the store and then came back to rest at her. It wasn't hard to understand what he was thinking. 

"What are you doing here?" Rheyan asked her with curiosity as he wondered what she was doing at such an elite store.

The store belonged to one of the top brands in the country whose commodities were affordable to only those who had millions or billions in their banks and Ahana wasn't one of them. It gave rise to the question of what she was doing there looking at expensive pieces of jewellery that were way out of a middle-class person's budget.