Chapter 13

Thank you LazyLuni for the amazing cover above. I really liked it 😊.

~Author's P.O.V.~

Saying that Rheyan was stunned seeing Ahana would be an understatement. He couldn't comprehend his feelings then but the whole incident had created a havoc inside him. For Ahana he was comforting her but in actual the truth was that for the first time in years someone was comforting him and it was her. A single comment of Vivaan stabbed him on the very unhealed wound even though it was hid deep inside within many layers. Something inside him broke again that time.

It is often said that a woman always feel safe and protective in her man's embrace. We never heard same from any of the male species. Well, something which never happened before happened today. The feel of being safe and secure in Ahana's embrace warmed Rheyan's heart, oblivious to the fact that she was his girl. He was safe from being judged and secure from being accused.

Nikhil had taken away Vivaan from spot leaving both his sister and his best friend together in each other's arms. Everything happened so fast that it was difficult for Ahana to take in all together at a time. For once she wanted to forget everything going around her and in Rheyan's embrace she did. For hours they stood there still in their place holding onto each other with their eyes shut.

It isn't any exaggeration. It is true. When something for which you are longing for very long period of time, you can't remember and suddenly it appears in front of you what you want at that instance is to grab it, in fear that it would vanish anytime. You don't care how, when, where you found it, you just keep a hold on it. Same was happening with Rheyan and Ahana. They were keeping a hold on each other in a death grip with the same fear without thinking twice about the consequences of their actions. They wanted to relax and soothe their aching heart, release it from pain and hurt for once not knowing when they were going to have same chance again.

After what felt like eternity Rheyan felt Ahana's grip getting loosen slowly snapping him back to reality. He too unfastened his arms from her dropping them to his side. Ahana made no movement. Her arms were sliding down his back slowly to her sides but her head was still resting on Rheyan's chest. Rheyan's eyes furrowed in confusion. He slightly shook her from shoulders. It was then he realised that she was unconscious. He gently scooped her up from the ground securing her in his arms and made his way toward the elevator.

As the elevator's doors opened, every pair of eyes present there were on Rheyan. Shock, surprise and curiosity gleamed in their eyes seeing Ahana in his arms. Shree immediately ran to him from her desk. Rheyan ordered her to call doctor urgently. Entering in his cabin he spotted couch and gently laid Ahana on it. He walked to his table placed in center of his office to take the glass of water. Taking some amount in his hand, he sprinkled it over her face but she gave no response in return. He became restless waiting for the arrival of doctor. Few minutes later Shree came in with the same doctor who had come on the day of coffee incident.

Doctor checked Ahana concluding that her blood pressure rose up slightly. He also dressed up the wounded knuckles of her and Rheyan too.

"Don't worry she is fine. She will be up in a few." Doctor assured seeing Rheyan's worried expression.

Rheyan nodded slowly then doctor left.

"If you will not mind sir, may I ask how you two ended up with wounded knuckles. I mean you were in meeting. It has been two hours since it was over and you two were nowhere to be seen." Shree asked politely itching to get out some information from him for gossiping. 

Rheyan gave her a pointed look which was enough for her to shut her mouth and retreat her way back to work. Her question reminded him of everything that happened few hours ago from start to end. He glanced at his shirt drenched by tears then back at Ahana.