Chapter 3

"Rhee!!" I screamed.

'Had he swore to shock me again and again'

"Driver come here. Help me." I called him.

"Rhee... Get up. Rhee, I said. Get up.." I called again and again shaking him through his shoulder. He gave no response. He was lost in his world.

The driver handed me a water bottle. I took some water in my palm and sprinkled it over him. He cringed and shrugged off my hand which was resting on his shoulder.

"Rhee you are drunk. Get up I will drop you home." I said.

"No! I... I will go.. myself" he slurred.

"You are not going yourself. See you are drunk. You can't drive in this state." I said sternly but he was already dozed off.

Someone's phone started ringing. It was not mine. I looked at the driver. He shook his head in no. The remaining was Rhee. I searched for his phone. There was no one in the car. I leaned in him to check his pockets. The smell of alcohol filled my senses. I scrunched my nose. It looked like he drank a whole bottle of wine. Finally, I got hold of his phone. The name flashing on the screen was Kwan. I attended the call.

"Thank god, you picked up your phone, sir. Where are you? Are you okay?" A man asked through the other end. He sounded worried. "Hello? Hello? Sir?"

"Hello, listen your sir is drunk badly. Don't worry I will surely drop him by his house." I replied.

"Who? Who is speaking and how do you get hold of his phone?" He asked suspiciously.

"I am his friend. He is drunk and has parked his car in the middle of the road. I will call uncle Dev. Relax!" I answered and tried to assure him. I didn't know who was he but he sounded worried about his boss.

"No! Don't call Dev sir. He will get worried. He had already called me several times to check if sir has reached his penthouse." He said quickly.

"Penthouse??"

"Yes, penthouse. Tell me where is he? I will come and pick him up."

"Who are you?" I enquired.

"I'm his butler. Now please tell me where is he?"

He still sounded worried. I gave him the address. He said he would be here in 10 minutes as the place was not much far away from his penthouse. I thought of shifting Rhee to the passenger side till his butler arrive. I again leaned in to unbuckle his safety belt but it was not there.

'He was driving without a safety belt. Does he want to die? '

I looked at him. He was frowning even in his drunken state. He had changed so much. He was mumbling some incoherent words which I couldn't make. I ignored. Maybe he was dreaming. With the help of the driver, I dragged him out of the car. He was not cooperating at all. I was supporting his weight from one side. Both arms wrapped around my shoulders. He was practically throwing himself over me.

"Splash it over his face" I ordered the driver giving him the same water bottle that he gave me earlier. It was the only way I could find to bring Rhee back to his senses a little.

"Rhee stand straight. Otherwise, I will get wet along wi...Ouch!!" He jerked back and pushed me away as water splashed over him.

"Who dared to do this?" He growled in anger.

"Mam are you okay?" The driver came to me.

"I'm fine. Go hold him. He may fall." I said looking at Rhee who was stumbling on his feet struggling to maintain his balance. He had lost his mind. Somehow driver got hold of him. At last, his butler arrived and took him with him. He thanked me and requested again not to tell uncle Dev about all this. I told him to inform me when they would reach home. He was confused why a stranger was asking him to call. I gave him my number and told him that I was his boss's friend.