Chapter 22

~Author's P.O.V.~

Nikhil strode inside Rheyan's cabin ignoring the various loud protests by Shree in the background.

He was furious.

How could Rheyan be so careless? How could he do that even after knowing the risk he would be taking?
He thought in disappointment.

He, with the other business associates, waited for Rheyan for one and half hour at the meeting with bank executives which was preponed at the last moment but Rheyan didn't turn up there.

Many associates along with the bank executives were disappointed by his unprofessional behaviour and lack of dedication toward the project. They had hinted Nikhil that there were very high chances of them backing away from the partnership in project, when he had apologized on Rheyan's behalf.
And that sent him haywire.

Banging his right hand clenched into a fist, on Rheyan's desk in anger with great amount of force, he snapped at him.

"What was that stunt of Yours! Why didn't you come there?"

Rheyan regarded the man standing in front of him with stony expression on his face, barely controlling himself from snapping back at his business partner knowing it wasn't his fault that he didn't know the reason behind his absence at the meeting.

But before he could start explaining himself, Nikhil spoke up again, furiously,

"Do you have any idea how did I handle situation there? They were so disappointed that they threatened me that they would back away from the project."

Now Rheyan's cold, stony expressions were regarded toward Ahana who was sitting in the chair wearing a shocked expression on her face, while Nikhil continued to take his anger out on him.

"Do you understand what severe consequences will follow up if that happened? This business will collapse in just one blink of eye!" He enlightened exasparately moving his hands in air gesturing to the office building.

Rheyan was very well aware of the consequences which was the main reason for his outburst but listening to the same thing from someone else snapped something inside him.
His jaw ticked while hands balled into fists.
He couldn't let that happen.

Any colour, if, had left after Rheyan's outburst drained off Ahana's face upon hearing Nikhil. She was trying to wrap her mind around every information she had gotten in pieces.

If what Nikhil said became true, she was sure that her life would came to an end just because of a mere feeling, called guilt.

• guilt of being reason behind her sister's death

• guilt for not being able to help her friend when he was calling her in time of his misery

• guilt of ruining a business empire which would further destroy life of every person linked with it and their families too

She couldn't let that happen. She couldn't.

There is a certain limit of guilt under which a person can live but if guilt trips over that limit, the soul of the person starts dying and without soul a person can't live, can only breathe.

Same was happening with Ahana. She was nearing that limit each succeeding day with her soul wailing in pain for the aids to heal her wounds she had endured since her childhood.

Nikhil's eyes fell upon the petite figure sitting in the chair who was cladded in a white chicken embroidered suit, known to his eyes since morning. "Ahana" he called out in a whisper as if checking if she was actually present there.