Chapter 11

"Hey Ahana. Good morning." Nikhil wished me cheerfully.

"Good morning Nikhil." I replied sleepily while slumping down in the couch next to him resting my head on his shoulder.

"Here take this coffee, sleepyhead. You need it very much." He said while giving me the coffee mug.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

He looked very cheerful today than usual. Of course, anyone would be if their father would announce them as the new C.E.O. of their company.

"Drop me to the office today." I ordered him. It was my habit of ordering him from childhood even though he was elder than me. It was not like I was bossing him. Its every sister's right, right?! 

Oh yes! Right.

"What happened to your brand new car which was gifted to you, if I remember correctly, a week ago?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Don't suspect me. And nothing happened to the car. It is in the office's parking lot." I told him after taking a sip of my coffee. He was about to question me further but I beat him to it. "And before you ask why, let me tell you. I came with Rhee in his car, yesterday. That's why I left mine there. I hope you have no questions left." I said last part in bored tone.

"No" He replied. His lips twitching into a smile while looking at me which I didn't know why. I thought of ignoring it and let him enjoy his own fantasy.

"Good"

"Okay. You have only five minutes. I'm waiting for you in the car. Otherwise..." He trailed off and smirked at me.

"Why do you all businessmen are so punctual?" I pouted. Rhee was also same as him. Everytime complaining about my punctuality and giving me warnings for next time. These all men were same.

"Aww!! Well, little sister you are joining us in our league soon too. So stop pouting and be punctual from now onwards." He said pulling my cheeks which obviously made me frown.

"By the way, you have wasted your two minutes. Three minutes left. Tik tok, tik tok.." He laughed while pointing toward his watch which earned him a glare in return from me which didn't effect him much.

"Fine." I stood up and stomped to my room to take my bag.

In next two minutes I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car with him next to me in the driving seat. It was my turn to tease him.

"Let's go driver. I didn't wanna get late just because of lazy ass of yours." I said while smirking at him.

"Seems like someone does not want a lift to office." He said returning my smirk with extra sweet coating on his words.

I turned my head to the window to look outside not before glaring at him. I heard him laugh. He actually looked in a very good mood today. I glanced at him in between. A smile was plastered on his face and I could bet my new baby car that it would be plastered there for whole day. He was whistling while enjoying something going in his mind. I thought of letting him enjoy in his own world while I leaned in my comfy seat to make myself comfortable. I closed my eyes. All the moments from previous night started rushing in my mind. I still couldn't make out what had happened between us in the garden. What was he intending to do then? Was it his own way of thanking or apologising someone?

'Does he do that with every girl?'

'Why am I thinking about it? It is not a big deal'

'Nalini aunty talked about a girl from his past.'

'Who was she?'

"Who?" A voice came from beside me.