Chapter 16

We fell asleep after our little pecking session, but somehow I've woken up. I turn over and see Johnny completely pass out, hearing a little bit of snoring coming out of him. A small smile comes across my face, but I couldn't stay in the bed. I get up, realizing that I'm still in the silk robe from earlier. I let out a sigh, shaking my bed and get off. I walk to the walk-in closet to find something to wear to sleep. I end up grabbing one of Johnny's t-shirts. New York Yankee. I ditch the robe. I walk out of the closet and out of the bedroom. I walk all over the condo, going into the study, his workout room, and back to the living room. I walk over to the couch, taking a seat and going into a fetal position while sitting up. I close my eyes, listening carefully to every noise that the condo makes. The air conditioner blowing cold air, little water drops hitting the sterling silver sink in the kitchen, and hear the wind blowing outside through the windows. My eyes feeling a bit heavy and end up falling asleep.

"Tess? Honey, wake up," Johnny calls. I open up my eyes, to see Johnny dress up in a red plaid button-up shirt and jeans, his hair slick back and no facial hair.

"What time is it?" I asks.

"It's eleven," he answers. Oh shit. I slowly get up and see that I"m back in the bed.

"How did I get back in the bed?" I asks.

"Well, I woke up to see you NOT in the bed, so I got up and found you passed out on the couch. I carried you back in the bed and went back to sleep," he explains.

"Oh," I said. That's all I can really say to be honest.

"You couldn't sleep?" he asks. I look up at him with my eyes softening and said, "Woke up from a semi-nightmare. I needed to get up and walk around. I don't know if it was the quiet of the condo or the wind blowing from outside made me sleepy." He nods his head and said, "Well, you best get up and get your shower."

"For what?" I asks.

"Remember? We're supposed to be interviewing wedding planners today," he said. Oh shit, was that today? I made the "I forgot" expression in front of him, so he pursed his lips together and said, "It's alright. A lot was going on yesterday."

"What time are they suppose to show up?" I asks.

"Noon," he answer. I jolt out of the bed, running to the bathroom and closing the door behind me. Johnny blinks his eyes a few times and walks out of the bedroom, closing the door. Thomas and Rita stand in front of him.

"She's up. Andrea, can you prepare something quick for breakfast?" he said.

"Coffee and bagel?" she suggest. He gives her a nod and she takes off to the kitchen.

"Thomas - if we can get the room prepared for the ladies when they come in for their interview, that would be great," he said.

"Of course, Mr. Burton," Thomas said. I stand underneath the shower head, letting the warm water cover my naked body completely before I begin to wash. I grab the bottle of my floral scent body wash as well as my loofa, squeezing a small portion of the bottle on my loofa, and putting the bottle back up. I begin to wash myself, getting every curve of my body as well as corners. I rinse off my loofa and my body, and then grab the bottle of my shampoo. I pour some on the top of my head, putting the bottle back up and scrubbing away. While I'm washing my hair, I feel a slight pain down my abdomen. I stop and wait for the pain to go away, which was only a matter of seconds and I resume to wash my hair.

"That was odd," I said to myself. I rinse off the shampoo out of my hair, grabbing the conditioner bottle, and squeezing a small amount in the palm of my hand. I rub it into my hair, scrubbing and massaging the scalp but stop once the pain came back. I let out a moan of pain and bend my knees. I let out a loud "FUCK!" and I hear footsteps. I see Johnny coming into the bathroom, seeing me hunch over.