Chapter 19

Two days later, I'm hanging out with Regina Bauer at her penthouse over wine and cheese. She had invited me over to discuss more about the engagement dinner party. I did admire her penthouse. A sense of elegant with neutral colors of various shades of grey with a hint of brown. We sat in the living room by the fire, drinking more wine and nibbling on various collection of cheese as we wait for Johnny.

"How did you and Johnny meet? If you don't mind me asking," she said. A smile crawls on my face and I fluster.

"Before I started working for his company, I was working at a diner in Manhattan. He stopped by the diner for lunch and I was his waitress," I explain. She smiles with glee, enjoying the sensation love story of how Johnny and myself laid eyes on each other.

"Since then, he hasn't left your side?" she questions. I chuckle, blushing even more and reply, "Nope, he hasn't. Within the first two months of us being together, I kept questioning as to why he wanted to be with me. I'm not but a chubby gal." She lightly caresses my cheek, staring at me softly and said, "You be surprise about him. In high school, he was the guy all the girls wanted to be with. They wanted to be his girlfriend and he dated every girl that was interested in him. He had his fair share of types of women. One type he never had the chance to date, was someone like you. A woman who was down to earth, kind, caring, loving, yet strong and independent. Who could take care of herself and could bite back."

"Really? I didn't know." I stated.

"He called me two days after he met you, Tess. He could not stop raving about you. How beautiful you were and how much different you are with other women he's dated," she explains. I blink my eyes a couple of times, surprised to hear these words. These are news to me. We take a sip out of our wine glasses, savoring the taste.

"What's it like having sex with him?" she asks bluntly. I cough, shocked to hear that sort of question.

"I'm sorry?"

"Sex. How is it?" she asks.

"Why?" I question. She shrugs her shoulders and explain, "Just curious. Johnny and I pretty much share everything with each other. We have no secrets." I blink my eyes, a little worried about what to tell her about my intimate moments with Johnny Burton. I take a deep breath and exhale.

"How do I explain it?" I said. She smiles, holding her wine glass close to her chest.

"Extraordinary, I suppose? Intimate," I said.

"Is he rough with you?" she asks. I glanced at her, my eyes softening up and shake my head in response to her question.

"No, thankfully. He knows my boundaries," I explain. She nods her head. I take another deep breath and said, "I don't know if he told you, but I was held captive and raped by my best friend." Her facial expression said it all, shocked. I tell the story of my past, which was rare for me because it's a secret that I buried deep inside myself.

After telling her about my past, Regina Bauer had looked at me as a totally different person.

"Wow, Johnny never told me that." I nod my head, lowering it, and playing with the rim of my wine glass. She stares at me, letting everything that she found out process through her head. She then reaches for my hand and takes it into her own. I lift my head up, locking my eyes on her.

"That explains why Johnny holds her close to him. Why you're so precious to him," she said and continues, "He went through something similar to that." With just one word, one name, I said, "Pamela." Regina sits up straight, surprised to hear that I know who she's talking about.

"You know her?" she asks. I nod my head and explain, "She's been after Johnny since before our engagement. That's why Johnny has been cautious and has double security."