More angst you say?

Tw: Shooting, death, there's lots of it, flashbacks, explosions, blood, description of gore stuff

"I hate you! I hate you more than anything!" California screamed. Banging his fists on Texas's chest.

Texas continued on, Carrying California down the first road. He was too tired to tell California to shut up at this point. He had to make sure he was safe. If California hated him for that, he could live with it.

"THEY'RE GONNA DIE"

He winced a bit at that. He knew that. He knew perfectly well what had happened. Texas hated himself with every fiber of his being for walking away. But Georgia had made him go, telling him to save as many as he could while they held the intruders off. There was no point trying to save them now.

Now, he could only save California. He would not fail again.

"Please! Let me go!"

He continued walking. Saying nothing.
It had been like that for a few days, barely a stop to rest.

He couldn't stop. He'd have to remember, and they might catch up.

"Hey someone's at the door, can I answer it?"

Florida. his voice had sounded so excited. Like he was ready to prank whomever was on the other side of that door. Texas had barely given it a thought. people rarely drop by the statehouse anymore. maybe he should've.

DC sighed.

"Fine, but you have to be nice"

"Yeah yeah"

The door opened

Texas flipped to another channel. It was the same western as the night before. He went to change it.

Florida made a strange noise and then there was a thud.

Louisiana stood up.

"Florida?"

Texas squeezed his eyes shut, trying to force the memories out. He didn't want to do this now.

"Let me go! Please! We need to help them!"

The next chain of event happened far to quickly.

Louie screamed.

Something shot past his head and into the TV screen.

And then the dull pain of his head hitting the floor. Alaska seemingly having tackled him.

He could make out Georgia barely holding Louie back from his spot in the floor.

He could hear DC speaking on the phone with 911. Moving his head to see him better, he could see DC and Georgia exchange a look, their mouths drawn into a thin grimace.

At this point Texas didn't know what in the actual fuck was going on, people were screaming and..Florida. What happened to Florida?

Texas sat up slightly, still shielded by the couch.

"What's going on-"

Georgia handed him Louie.

"Go. Take as many as you can. Leave. Please just..get them out of here.."

"But-"

"Now." DC said sternly, but his voice still shook, panic written all over his face.

Texas shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, but he was far to exhausted to fight them anymore. His chest ached and he couldn't tell if it was from grief, or Cali still pounding on it.