Heatwave

Tw: Death

It was hot. Too hot.

It was way worse then the normal heat the lower 48 had. He couldn't escape this one. He was in shorts, no shirt and he had tried fans, since the AC had broken today from some dumb prank or something, but the heat persisted, flashing just beneath his skin. It felt like he was burning from the inside out.

He couldn't deal with this anymore it was too much. All the fans were doing was blowing hot air, he needed the AC. He needed something cooler.

He gets off of the garage floor, walking as quickly as he can in this haze. The air feels solid, like he's wading through water. It's suffocating to breathe.

Somehow, he finds it. It was probably only five minutes but it had felt like an hour. Alaska knew it was broken, but maybe if he just presses a few buttons it'll turn back on and he can get sweet relief.

Not surprisingly, that doesn't work. All it did was make him more sweaty.

Shit- ok, maybe if he got the tools he could fix it.

Alaska stood up, instantly almost doubling over from the overpowering wave of nausea. His head was pounding and his eyes stung from sweat. That was probably not good but it's ok, he can power through it. He needs to...what was he doing again?..something about the AC, right? It was...broken. He needed to fix it.

His brain felt like it was going to stop working. Thinking was incredibly sluggish and he couldn't for the life of him figure out where the tools were. By the time he had remembered the usual spot they were in, and managed to check it, it had grown even hotter. He couldn't think, how was he ever going to get that thing fixed in this state?

Maybe outside was cooler. Maybe he could find some river or something in the woods behind the house.
He stumbles, trying to get the energy to walk properly. Eventually though he did start moving, alot slower then he would like. His head was pounding so bad he thought it might actually crack open.

He just needed to find something to end this horrible feeling. It was coming from everywhere and nothing would stop it.

He finally made it out of the house, trying to make sense of where he was. Outside was worse, he couldn't see properly, it was far too bright. He tries to wipe the sweat from his brow, but his already sweaty hands do nothing to help.

He just needed something cool, a cooler place. He'd probably pass out before getting to the nearest place with air conditioning. Where was a cool place? The woods? Maybe? Probably not cause it also gets hot but worth a try?

Alaska makes it to the edge of those woods before stopping to lean against a tree. It was too much, he had to sit down or something.

He slid down, back against the tree. He could feel his eyelids drooping. Maybe if he just..lay down his head would stop hurting for a bit. Then he could keep going. His body felt so drained, rest would be good.

The last final thoughts he had before passing out were about Hawaii. He was going to miss their video call. A shame, but she'd probably understand, it was just too hot, he needed to lay down for a bit.

The other states come back just as the sun has finished setting. The AC gets promptly fixed, and they laugh and joke about different things, teasing eachother. DC is trying to parent someone and someone, in turn, is trying to make him sleep. New Jersey is dragging Montana off to a movie, and Coco, York, and Nebraska are setting up a card game. All is well.

No one notices Alaska isn't in the house. Not for quite a while, in fact. They don't notice the body just inside the forest until there was no trace of the life it once held.