Love Song pt. 2 | TexaCali

Based on AnanaPaniniQueen  's comment

Texas opens his eyes, and looks towards his alarm clock. He groans, for it is noon. Maybe he shouldn't have stayed up till 4:00 am singing a love song that California would never hear, like a dumbass. It was probably for the better though, it got cringy real fast.
Good thing it'll never see the light of day again.

He gets dressed and walks out of his room. Texas hopes he could just sneak by into the living room and pretend he was always there. But it seems lady luck was not on his side.
As he approached the living room, he could here a recording playing. Texas sighs.

Some people were speaking, but he couldn't quite make it out. Something about a song.

"You've already heard it? So then you know?"

"Yeah I uh...heard it all."

Confused, and curious to what had been recorded, Texas steps into the living room.

Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Tennessee, Ohio, and Nevada all crowded around Louie as he played the recording on his phone.

California was sitting off to the side, an embarrased look on his face.

They all look up at him

Texas froze, he recognized the song..and his own voice.

"Jeez this is bad..

He's singing 'He's my, he's my poppy, and I am just a line without a hook'"

Fuck.

Panic shot through him. He'd been recorded. He should've known this would happen. He shouldn't have been such an idiot! Now they all knew.
California, knew.
They'd all laugh and make fun of him.

He spun around and walked away quickly

Texas can hear California call after him. Speeding up, he ignores him. Rejection is not something he'd want to deal with at the moment, especially not from him.

"Get back here you big oaf!" California was chasing him down. If he didn't stop it's quite likely he'd be tackled.

After weighing his options, he turns to face Cali

'I suppose getting over him will be easier if I deal with this now..'

"What do you want?"

Cali looks up at him, an unreadable expression on his face. It looked sort of... hopeful?

"Who...were you...singing about?"

'Like he doesn't already know...'

Texas looks down at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

"You...possibly.."

California says nothing for a while.
It's suffocating.
Texas wished for him so say something. Anything. It would be so much better then just silence.
Mockery, yelling, maybe if he's lucky a polite decline.
He'd at  least know what Cali was thinking. Silence had too many possibilities and you'll never truly know which one. You're stuck mulling over the overwhelming possibilities.

"..really..?"

He looked up to see a big grin on California's face.

"You're smiling...why?" He was confused, he'd be sure California would hate him after this. Never I a million years would he think he'd actually like him back

California leans forward and presses their lips together.

Now it was Texas's turn to smile.

Before anything else could happen, New York piped up from the living room

"Hey when you're done over there could you please consider: NOT PLAYING SO FUCKING LOUD AT FOUR IN THE GOD DAMNED MORNING SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP. DICK."

Texas sighed. New York was right, he should probably appologize for that.