Chapter 2

A month later Angel has mostly healed but Night was never found after the attack. All Angel could think of is where Night went. She felt silence from the outside world. Now she felt so helpless and weak. SadLeaf said before that Angel's eye will need time to recover. Slowly Angel closed her eyes.

Darkness surrounded he, and the sounds of water flowing filled her ears. She opened her eyes and saw dark trees surrounded her while a stream runs close to her. She looked up and saw a dark clouds covering the sky. The air smelled of ash and fire. Angel got up and walked through the forest. Angel tripped over a black cat, slowly the cat opened it's blood red eyes. "Hello little one" the cat yawned. Angel ran but a huge black cloud blocked her. She whimpered as the cat, a Tom, walked over and gently licked her head. "Why am I here?" Angel asked terrified and whimpered.
"You might be a kitten now, but your destiny will cause you to be chased out" the Tom spoke like he knew what will happen. "Wh-what do you mean?" Angel said feeling a pong of fear gulping back a whimper. "You have a great destiny, Angel" the Tom spoke as he faded away.

Angel awoke with a jolt, in the dark. She looked at the entrance of the den with her only good eye. It was very dark, she got up and walked to then entrance of the den. Than she saw a sleek black cat, the same one that hurt Angel. The she-cat was carrying one of Angel's sisters, quickly she ran and bite the cat on the neck so hard she started to taste blood, and feel flesh. The she-cat dropped Leaf, than bite on Angel and threw her like she was a piece of prey. Angel landed hard on the face. The she-cat stalked up to Angel and raised her claws about to blow a deadly strike. Just than SummerFall jumped infront as the she-cat's claws came down so fast it teared into SummerFall's side and belly wide open. She landed hard on her side badly bleeding. Angel got up and limped to SummerFall whimpering. "Mom!" Angel squeaked in a mix of fear as sorrow. Angel dropped next to SummerFall whimpering loudly and her wart races so fast it felt like it was about to pop out her chest. SummerFall's eyes slowly started to dim and her sides slowed down as she said to angel weakly "Angel t-take c-ca-care of yo-your sibl-lings." "Mom please don't go!" Angel whimpered feeling pulled away. Soon the wolf that helped SummerFall came and bite into the she-cat's throat causing blood to rush from the she-cat's neck, than he dropped the cat dead. He quickly ran over to Angel and SummerFall but her eyes were dull and lifeless. Angel ran into her den whimpering while she covered her face.

The next day the wolf dragged than buried SummerFall. Angel woke up half an hour later and limped to where the wolf mourned SummerFall her back arched in pain. SadLeaf ran over looking so saddened that it made Angel whimper. "I'm so sorry Angel, this must be so hard on you!" SadLeaf said her ears down. Angel felt hollow inside, dead and alone. "She'll never have to go through my pain" SadLeaf told Angel. Angel looked at the sky with her good eye but anger and sadness ached in her belly she wanted to get back at the she-cat's friends for what they've done. The wolf wrapped his tail around Angel than looked at her. "I'm so sorry Angel. I now how you feel." He spoke like he knew Angel's thoughts.

Several weeks passed since SummerFall was killed. Angel started feeling pain in her frontal teeth. SadLeaf check the teeth, but SadLeaf told Angel it was just growing pains. Afew weeks later, Angel's teeth formed fangs that only the tip of them showed.