Chapter 27 Morning Pains

Angel woke up screaming as the kitten and pup vanished but their poor helpless burnt faces. All of her bones and nerves felt like they were on fire. The faces of the kitten and pup burnt into her mind like a haunting memory, all Angel could think of was the kitten and pup's pain. She looked to the side seeing ShadowStorm next to her made her feel better his paw laid on hers, a warm wave of relief rushed over her making the pain fade for a bit. "Your it" the words stuck to Angel like a cat in a cage, just the thought sent chills down her back. She nuzzled ShadowStorm with love and happiness. ShadowStorm woke up and Angel didn't notice but she looked down and saw a gash running down her hind leg. ShadowStorm helped Angel to her paws and they walked back towards camp since they decided to sleep out near the lake for the night. The sky got cloudy as they were heading back and heard one of the kittens complainiing "great more rain!" she yelled as the kittens and pups webt inside their den to sleep. a young she cat walked up to Angel and ShadowStorm than she gently nuzzled ShadowStorm "I hope last night was good for yout two" the she said smiling warmly but elderly. "We did SadLeaf!" Angel said happily and started to purr. SadLeaf than walked past them and in the corner of Angel's eye she could see a worried look in SadLeaf's eyes. Angel limped to her den.